Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the trike setup you take off the front end & use an offset ELF style front end? I see the coil-over position & am not too sure about the left side, could you show us some details? Is the sidecar wheel about even w/the bike rider, or a bit further back? Good fabrication skills, people are going to ask you about making parts!

Welcome to the forum YU, nice looking bike!......Watch out for the mod monkey, once he gets a hold of you theres no escape!...........lots of great info around here, everything from keeping a stock Max in top form to all out modded beasts, what are your plans?..........................Tom.

Greetings all....

Just got a '92 VMAX - She is a beauty.
I had given up bikes when my little one came along. Now she is in college and decided to treat myself. My VMAX had been garaged for a couple of years. Spent the last couple of weeks getting her up to snuff, new battery, cleaning the carbs and fuel system, spark plugs etc... This site has been invaluable as a knowledge base. Also a source of support - by just reading the posts was like comparing notes with a buddy while working on the bike.
Thank you all!!!!!

If I can be of assistance to anyone just let know.

I am in NJ, so trying to get as much riding as I can before the first snows.

Hey, new guy here, been checking this site reading some good stuff for about a Month or so, great information, here a couple of picture of my vmax!

Attachments

• 60761_10152177089600274_609101670_n.jpg
    60761_10152177089600274_609101670_n.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 522904_10152177088270274_760194496_n.jpg
    522904_10152177088270274_760194496_n.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 526003_10152177087120274_1716419958_n.jpg
    526003_10152177087120274_1716419958_n.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 18
Welcome to YUOnDaGround, Blackcountry Mick, Eaglecall, and mproy!! Its good to see we are climbing in numbers almost daily!!

Howdy All,

True newbee here. I have been wanting a Vmax since 1985, I've been saying I should have bought a Vmax since 1986, 7 bikes later I finally got me one. Had it 6 months now - love it. Have issue that just developed and have searched several places, need help. I have oil in the coolent but no coolent in the oil. Need to know what section I should go to to write more on this. - Motor?

Welcome Doug. The motor section or, general vmax questions section would work. We are not too picky around here.

Only 3 possible causes that I can think of. Crankcase breather assembly (located in the bottom of "V" of the engine. Under intake manifolds), Water pump, or head gasket.

Start yourself a thread and I'm sure you will get some useful replies

Hello to all.
DodgeMax here, Uk Vmax gen 1 owner, Venture too, or is that a dirty word on here?
Im no stranger to repairs, its the Mods i love, nothing too wild, im contemplating a bigger bore engine and maybe a fat rear end.
I have mates who help out with machining and such, its the ideas i need.
Im not too good at navigating forums, so i hope this is in the right place.

Dodge.

Welcome Dodgemax , right spot , and I'm sure you'll find everything you need here including ideas!

Hello all!

I just recently purchased my second V-Max, a 2006. I had a 1986, brand new for a summer when I was young. I haven't been riding on 2 wheels for almost 10 years and a V-Max seemed like the perfect way to get back into it.

And of course the forum comes next, I love reading all the great V-Max information and stories on here.

You've come to the right place Wolf.....Everything you need is right here!.......Take your time and look around......And Welcome!.............Tom.

Just like to say Hi to everyone from the land DownUnder where women glow and Vmax thunder...!!

My names Gavin, Gav, you idiot whatever is most applicable at the time.

I had been riding road bikes for til the year 2000, all of them had been non-cruiser V-twins from roadster to a 1st in Australia Honda VTR1000. The V max having always been a big favorite as a Musclebike (power cruiser my arse, whichever journo came up with that will be beheaded) we just never crossed paths due to a limited supply down under as the stopped being imported new in 1993 by a private concern not even Yamaha.

after a 12 year break in which I did introduction of the SXS UTV sport into Australia a number of muscular and skeletal conditions managed to stop me racing SXS's and instead Ive decided to go back to the bike but big problem, no longer have any knees to run myself let alone hold up a huge bike. So I hope to amend the big fella to suit my needs and maybe even kit it for the needs of others.

Hopefully the modification will get me many more years of riding pleasure. :)

I'm just excited. No other way to put it. I wanted a Vmax back in the day, but it was simply out of my reach (and probably a good thing). Last week I picked up a 93 with 18K miles including a Corbin seat sealed in a factory bag. The bike had been sitting up for 7 or 8 months. I'm somewhat handy and enjoy a good challenge. Using this site I've been able to work out the kinks - arnery carburetors, cylinder #1 just taking up space, hard starting, typical stuff.

While doing the "crimp fix" I noticed the connector to the #1 coil laying to the side (2 birds with one stone!), drill out the factory plugs on the mix screws (way lean, not sure why yet), fresh fuel, seafoam.

Tonight was my inaugural road test :clapping:
Pure awesome! So smooth in every gear at any RPM. Well worth the wait and the patience to prepare it for the road. After the run, I do have a couple teaspoons of oil that have dripped from somewhere -- that's next.....

Thanks to all that have contributed on this forum - I can't credit each one individually because it took a LOT of information for me to understand what I was doing. Dealing with 4 carbs was new to me. There's more to do, but I know where I'll find my answers!

It will be hard to sleep - I'm ready to ride.

David

Latest posts

Back