Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum!! Nice lookung bike. From the looks possibly someone did some work to stock seat? Adding some padding maybe? Just looks a little thicker

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the forum!! Nice lookung bike. From the looks possibly someone did some work to stock seat? Adding some padding maybe? Just looks a little thicker

Thank mate, I'm not sure hey... I know it's comfy after getting off a crf450x super moto and a R1 lol

Thank mate, I'm not sure hey... I know it's comfy after getting off a crf450x super moto and a R1 lol

I want a super moto bad! Hahaha I still have my 86 honda xl600 I'm gonna motard out on of these days. Can't beat 50miles to gallon. Lots of info on this sight and great people!

Nah my bad looks stock.. u was seeing things lol

Another new guy!

Hi all,
Another new guy here! I just picked up a new to me 2003 Vmax. I have started fixing, cleaning, and replacing all the neglected things on a mostly stock bike. Then I'll see how it fits me being an old guy with a bad back! I'm use to my Harley road sofa so we'll have to see! I've been learning a lot on this forum and wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the great info.
Lee

IMG_0079.JPG (2).jpg IMG_0081.JPG (2).jpg

New member as well and my first forum post. I just popped my cherry. I wanted to say that I have, what I guess everybody calls "the monkey". Nothing like spending money and telling my wife to suck it! I would like to thank Morley Muscle for awesome customer service as well as UFO. Both have been excellent to do business with. Look forward to the Vmax love and I think most hardly riders love boys. :ummm:

KONG

I`d rake his advice, Mark has saved my ass with good avice. By the way, I`m back from a bad accident,/ That's why I disappeared .(got broken up pretty bad too.

Hello,

New to the Forum and VMax. I'm from SC. I had a CBR600, but a woman decided to hit me head on last year. My bike was totaled, and my pelvis fractured.

I'm back in the saddle and I went with a used VMax. 98' with 11K on it. I've done some mods so far. Straight bars, end mirrors, and Faux carb stacks from Exactrep. Tail light and signals from UFO. I painted it flat black and put decals on it. Going for an A-10 look (That's what I worked on in the AF). I just ordered a stage 1 jet kit, and a black street pro exhaust from UFO. I love this bike!

Look forward to using the forum for tips and ideas.

Attachments

• vmax.jpeg
    vmax.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 17
I posted a while back that I was on the lookout for a V-Max. Well, I finally found one. It's not the prettiest but I feel that I good deal on it. Needs some lovin' but appears solid.
8FE02859-B9CD-40BF-B5CD-E4964F80A668-4742-000001E8A3F8C0D7.jpg

AB076BC0-FA73-45F4-9150-8D5B3E7D2FB7-4742-000001E8AAF6208C.jpg

346A495B-6CA0-4361-A20E-E6F6A30C254E-4742-000001E89E14CFC6.jpg

Later, Doug

Atleast you have one....thats whats counts, and on this forum is the information that you will need to make it the way that you want it.

And...welcome to the forum.

Re: Another new guy!

Hi all,
Another new guy here! I just picked up a new to me 2003 Vmax. I have started fixing, cleaning, and replacing all the neglected things on a mostly stock bike. Then I'll see how it fits me being an old guy with a bad back! I'm use to my Harley road sofa so we'll have to see! I've been learning a lot on this forum and wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the great info.
Lee

View attachment 36781 View attachment 36782

Welcome to the forum, since your use to a Road sofa ,if you don't find the stock max seat comfy your can try a MAXGASSER and have a love seat too!

Re: Another new guy!

Welcome to the forum, since your use to a Road sofa ,if you don't find the stock max seat comfy your can try a MAXGASSER and have a love seat too!

Thanks, I've been checking those seats out. Right now I'm waiting on one of Sean's handlebars to arrive and see how much that helps.

Hello everyone, I just bought a beautiful 90 Vmax off eBay. It has been painted yellow and black by previous owner but it was done very well and looks awesome. So far the only mods it has (that I have found anyways) are K&N pods and modded stock exhaust. This is definately not my first bike but is my first Vmax so I'm sure there will be plenty of questions coming later. I like what I have seen of the forum so far and look forward to reading and learning more about this awesome motorcycle.

I've been lurking here for a few months since I bought my '91 Canadian full power import from a friend. Today is the first time I've really felt she was mine as she's on my drive, running.

My buddy had new front pipes to replace the rusted ones on the bike (damned British climate) and that's where the trouble began. A snapped stud became a snapped e-z out and then my friend completely fucked up drilling it out, taking out part of the stud mount on the head.

Family life got in the way, and with some tungsten carbide drill bits , I got out the rest of the stud but the damage was done. Despairing, and not having the cash to deal with it properly, we found a local old-school mechanic who thought he could do something with it in-situ and he did! Not sure exactly what, because I got taken out by appendicitis and the resultant surgery, but the exhaust is back on and sounding great. My buddy did most of the rest of the work to save me money (so I can't be too pissed at him) and today he rode her up to my house and I'm healed enough to ride!

Got to get her through the MOT test (for roadworthiness) and she needs a new front tyre, but I'm excited to get riding Real Soon Now.

I'm also itching to get working on her as she could use some TLC and a good servicing (like most women) before I let the mod monkey get his evil little claws into me (he'll have to get past my wife, anyway, although she's the one who encouraged me to buy the bike in the first place!)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I've been lurking here for a few months since I bought my '91 Canadian full power import from a friend. Today is the first time I've really felt she was mine as she's on my drive, running.

My buddy had new front pipes to replace the rusted ones on the bike (damned British climate) and that's where the trouble began. A snapped stud became a snapped e-z out and then my friend completely fucked up drilling it out, taking out part of the stud mount on the head.

Family life got in the way, and with some tungsten carbide drill bits , I got out the rest of the stud but the damage was done. Despairing, and not having the cash to deal with it properly, we found a local old-school mechanic who thought he could do something with it in-situ and he did! Not sure exactly what, because I got taken out by appendicitis and the resultant surgery, but the exhaust is back on and sounding great. My buddy did most of the rest of the work to save me money (so I can't be too pissed at him) and today he rode her up to my house and I'm healed enough to ride!

Got to get her through the MOT test (for roadworthiness) and she needs a new front tyre, but I'm excited to get riding Real Soon Now.

I'm also itching to get working on her as she could use some TLC and a good servicing (like most women) before I let the mod monkey get his evil little claws into me (he'll have to get past my wife, anyway, although she's the one who encouraged me to buy the bike in the first place!)

Welcome to the forum, this is great place to learn about our max. The guys here will help out just ask. Get healed so you can ride,& you already know about the mod monkey. He's down right evil

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new hobby-ride.

I wouldn't be surprised if he drilled-out the damaged area and threaded it for a steel bolt which he then threaded for a new stud. Some thread locker for the bolt/head interface, and there you go!

Take your time and read here before undertaking the more-complicated stuff, and try not to send too-much $$ (or the Euro equivalent) to Coventry. Exactrep stuff is expensive!

Wonko, that's a great pic of your kid & bike, I bet the pic re-creates a lot of memories in the family in 40 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if he drilled-out the damaged area and threaded it for a steel bolt which he then threaded for a new stud. Some thread locker for the bolt/head interface, and there you go!
He had originally talked about drilling it out, machining a piece of aluminium to fit the whole and TIG-welding the plug in, then drilling and tapping the plug. I don't actually know what he did, exactly as I was laid up flat on my back at the time.

Wonko, that's a great pic of your kid & bike, I bet the pic re-creates a lot of memories in the family in 40 years.

We're also learning together as we go, rebuilding my 1985 Kawasaki EN450 LTD as a project together. He's homeschooled so I'm justifying any costs incurred as educational

Hey all i got a 98 v-max fell in love with it quick.. so far i've done the cbr taillight to it and thiking of adding some led to the air scoops and a sissy bar

I also have a 98 suzuki bandit 1200

Hi Wonkothesane hope you enjoy your Max, you are only round the corner from me (Burnham).
I've had my Max for 13+ years & still get a thrill every time I take it out.

Back