Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everybody! Just joined a couple weeks ago and have talked to a few of you. Im blown away by the shear amount of info thats here! Been addicted ever since!

Hi everybody! Just joined a couple weeks ago and have talked to a few of you. Im blown away by the shear amount of info thats here! Been addicted ever since!

It is pretty good here :ummm: the screw most always turns clockwise "righty tightly". :rofl_200: enjoy and welcome to the loony bin!

G

Hello all,

New to the forum and glad to be here. My old man (rons09) talked me into joining. Already went out on a great ride saturday with four other Vmaxers. Gotta get the riding in before the nasty NY weather turns sour. Chat with you all later!
-Dan

Attachments

• vmax03-19-10.jpg
    vmax03-19-10.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 13
Hello all,

New to the forum and glad to be here. My old man (rons09) talked me into joining. Already went out on a great ride saturday with four other Vmaxers. Gotta get the riding in before the nasty NY weather turns sour. Chat with you all later!
-Dan

It was good meeting you in person, welcome to thee best Vmax forum . That is one of the cleanest unmolested 89s I've seen , only thing I saw that it needs is a seat :rofl_200: kidding , seats good if it works for you , and it must since you rode better then 600 miles yesterday !

Yeah..... that Corbin works pretty damn good. Otherwise, I'd be lookin you up! My rear end was fine after 600 miles, it was my arms that were exhausted when driving back westbound into the wind.

New member here got a. 93 I've installed dyna 3000 rev box,stage 7 dyno jet kit,with k&n pods,cobra slip on pipes.not sure weather too try v-boost always on or not, any thoughts on this???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 14
Howdy everybody. I'm new to the forum, and to the VMax. I just picked up an '85 but it needs some works (charging system, carbs and clutch to be exact). The wealth of information on here is amazing, and it sure makes it easy learning about this machine. I can't wait to get it going and really get to put some miles on it.

New member here got a. 93 I've installed dyna 3000 rev box,stage 7 dyno jet kit,with k&n pods,cobra slip on pipes.not sure weather too try v-boost always on or not, any thoughts on this???

I think someone actually dyno'd a Vmax with the Vboost on all of the time, and I believe that you lost a couple of horses.

Hi all!
I recently reentered the Vmax game with purchase of a nice 2003 model. I owned a 1998 model for a time about 8 years ago. It was dyno tuned with a K&N in the box and a Holeshot 4>2 using Dale's jet kit. It ran great and sounded pretty nasty.
I have a Dragstar on the way, with a K&N and jetkit waiting. I plan to tune yhis one myself and will do some final tweaking on the dyno this winter after the 8k mile valve adjustment. I may explore a big bore kit and a 17" or 18" rear wheel next year.
I have about 20 years in the saddle, some of that being all weather back when I was a broke kid. (now I'm a broke adult) I've owned some 40 odd bikes over the years, mostly Suzuki GS types. Top three shoulda never sold: 1976 kz400 cafe, 1983 GS1100esd Katana, 1986 GSXR1100 and my 1998 Vmax, of course. Oh, that's four. Sorry.
These days I own and operate a chassis fabrication shop, specializing in modern updates to hot rods and custom cars. I am developing some products of my own, doing most of the components on a cnc plasma table. I recently reignighted my motorcycle gene, so may have to add custom bikes to mh menu of services.
I'm happy to be aboard!

Hello all! My name is Jeff G. and I just bought my 1985 V Max!! I rode all the time in high school and college but sold the bike (1980 Suzuki GS850G) after I got married becasue it was time to send that bike to a new home - well it has never been replaced. I like Harley s but I am a muscle car guy and the V Max has ALWAYS had a place in my heart.

I use to be a Toolmaker/project Engineer at a job Tool and Die shop (until a year ago) but I was getting alot more responsibility - and no more pay and no more upward movement so it was time for a change and so the wife and I bought a trophy and laser engraving shop!! I miss making tooling for jets, rockets, automotive dies and molds but I do a lot of cool stuff now too.

The screen name comes from that I have a 1968 Olds Cutlass Convertible that I put a Eaton supercharger off a 2003 Ford Cobra on it and the made a serpentine belt drive too for it. It has a FAST EFI controller and also a 4l80e trans. Not the fastest by no means - the short block is still stock! I did this just to see if I could do it.....and it works! It made it into Hot Rod magazine a couple of years ago when I took it on Drag Week - right after I got it done- with no miles on it! It is still a work in progress but I have my V MAX now!! WHOOT WHoot!!

I need to post some pictures of the bike so you guys can help me with what it has...the seller was a blow hard...but it still didn't deter me as I got it for south of the boarder of $3000.....

Welcome scotty and Olds Guy !!!!!
I'm sure you'll find as much help as you will ever need here.

Last edited:
Hi All from Wales in the UK,
Well I've bit the bullet and got myself a 97 VMAX as I've always loved the looks of them. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and rode it home, all 250 miles with just 2 stops for fuel and a smoke.
It had some after market bodywork from Exactrep here in the UK and was painted a pretty awful flip flop pink and gold colour. It had a 4 into 1 hindle exhaust fitted which I didn't like the look of so I have now taken it off and swapped it for a set of silver (original colour) bodywork and stock black exhausts.
Unfortunately I ran it low on fuel on the way home from picking it up and I must have pulled some debris from the fuel tank into the fuel system as it now runs like a dog. I have changed the fuel filter which was totally clogged up but haven't been able to start it up yet to see if it's cured as I am waiting for exhaust gaskets to arrive before I can fit the downpipes.

Do you think that changing the inline fuel filter may have cured it or do you think it will be a carbs off job?
Also, any tips for fitting rear downpipes? They look a bitch!
I also own a 97 ZRX1100R but can't afford to keep 2 bikes so it's gonna be bye bye to my old faithful rex shortly and hello and hopefully big grins for a long time to come with my lovely Vmax.

Cheers guys and gals,
Joolz

Hello, Just joined the v-max club wanted one for years finally got it, hope to have a lot of fun and make some new friends, I live in SW lower Michigan so if your in the area and need a riding partner don't be afraid to stop by, unfortunately the riding season is almost over here maybe a few color tour rides left to be had but i do look forward to learning a lot and doing some tweaks and tune ups on my bike over the winter. Oh ya it's a new to me 1994 I would call the color canary yellow not my favorite but if you twist the throttle enough the color is just fine !! :eek:) So hi to everyone !

Welcome Scuff!.........There are a few of us in the Grand Rapids area that get together, we meet up with the Muskegon Maxers once in a while too, might be nice to meet up before our season ends!...............Ride safe!...............Tom.

Welcome Scuff and TaffyMax !!!!!!

Taffy, start a new thread and ask about those rear down pipes, I'm sure you'll get some help from members that have installed or removed them.

Welcome Scuff!.........There are a few of us in the Grand Rapids area that get together, we meet up with the Muskegon Maxers once in a while too, might be nice to meet up before our season ends!...............Ride safe!...............Tom.

Hit me up when you get together next time would love to hang out.

Latest posts

Back