Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 33,but I teach middle school. That instantly makes me about your age on the inside. I wanted a v-max for almost twenty years before I got mine, so there's that. There seem to be more young European guys with them than here in the states, but we're all into talking shop and being helpful. Make sure you join Vmaxchat.co.uk for more local stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Hey folks, new here and a possible future VMax owner. I currently ride a Vulcan 750 that I've cut up but I'm ready to get something a little newer and more importantly, faster. I'm going later today to test ride a 2007 with ~13k that a local stealership is selling for $5200 to avoid having to pay taxes on it over the winter. Is that a decent price? And is there anything I should look for in particular? I'm 6'1" and I've heard it might not be comfortable at my height. My Kaw has a cut seat and Jardine forward controls but I'm not opposed to a more conventional seating position. Thanks in advance gentlemen.

Hi guys , I just wanted say,I just bought my first vmax and its a 98 16,000 miles all stock and I don't beleive I own it,,I have all wanted a vmax since I first seen one my neibor had..I have had all my toys buy never the max,,and its one of those things that have been on my BUCKET LIST TO OWN....and I keep going too the garage to see it.. My wife keeps saying its still there from 3 hours ago..lolol I can't wait for spring to get here,I have read a lot on the forum and you guys rock with knowledge on the max..iam not sure what way I will go with changes but it will have mods done regardless, that's why there's over time , right..I wrk in a E.R. Trauma soo I get too see all the idiots come in from bike rides and young guys thinking they know it all...lol well be safe nice to meet every one on here soon.
safe ridding.... Joe

Welcome SlowBox and power trip.

Thanks man. I went ahead and bought that bike I test rode on the 4th. I ordered a new rear tire but I had to wait until this past Thursday for it to be delivered because of all the weather between here and Dallas. I've put 150 or so miles on it the last couple of days and I absolutely love it. It rides so much nicer and handles so much better than my last scoot, on top of making nearly triple the power.

Thanks man. I went ahead and bought that bike I test rode on the 4th. I ordered a new rear tire but I had to wait until this past Thursday for it to be delivered because of all the weather between here and Dallas. I've put 150 or so miles on it the last couple of days and I absolutely love it. It rides so much nicer and handles so much better than my last scoot, on top of making nearly triple the power.
Glad to hear you loving your Vmax, as much as the rest of us do.

Welcome to a wealth of knowledge and some times just plain old funny shit !!
So true. :biglaugh: :rofl_200: :punk:

Howdy from Houston, TX. It's taken me 25 years, but I finally brought a Vmax home earlier this week. Truthfully, I dropped it at a friend's place where Lola will return to life.

Years ago, she was owned by an enthusiast, so we are busy finding and sorting her mods - they are several and the friends that made the connection for me have stories. She's been tucked away in a friends barn while he waited for the guy with the right combination of balls, grit and crazy - evidently I'm that guy. I'll share more about Lola as I discover it; maybe details when I get the receipt file. She is clearly not stock (e.g. no vboost and ram air).

I generally log 15 to 20k miles per year. I've been riding for just over 40 years. I ride with an MC but I've never owned a Harley. Most folks know me as Dred, but the MC changed that to 9.nub after a tumble in October (lost the right pinky and the Triumph); I've been back in the saddle since the beginning of the month, but don't tell my Docs. I still have a Moto Guzzi Ambassador which I caught on fire 7 years ago and my recent rides include a BMW R100GSPD, Suzuki GS1000, Honda Valkyrie Interstate, and the Triumph Tiger.

Thanks for putting this forum together 'cause I'm getting a lot of questions answered. Definitely more developing as well.

Attachments

• tn_Lola2.JPG
    tn_Lola2.JPG
    359.7 KB · Views: 16
Hi everyone,
Just picked up a 97 vmax last weekend. Its my first one and I can not wait untill spring time.

Comming off a 85 Yamaha maxim x 750 im sure I will love the extra power.

On a side not are there any Red Knights on this forum? Im a member of NS chapter 3

G'day guys. Just a quick hi from down under.. I got my first max about four months ago now (a 98 model 1200) and I'm feeling like a kid again.

Hi from the Philippines. Got a 1994 a few months back and already starting to mod her from parts from members on this forum.

Happy New Year.
Don

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 30
Welcome Don. You have leapfrogged me 'cause I'm still do'm ressurection. Thankfully, I grab a friends Vmax for my fixes.

Welcome KDIMD. Bike looks great :punk: I'm jealous of your weather. 1 degree here right now.

Latest posts

Back