Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I am a fellow VMAX enthusiast and I just recently got a 1986 Max on trade a few months ago. Came with a seized engine but awesome condition overall with many upgrades to list.
I am in the West Denver/Golden area and I just wanted to give a shout out to my local VMAX riders.

I just swapped out the 86 engine for a 92 and I am in the process of swapping the left side cover, stator, coil pick ups and the wiring from the 86.

Cheers,
1986vmonster

Hello,

I am a fellow VMAX enthusiast and I just recently got a 1986 Max on trade a few months ago. Came with a seized engine but awesome condition overall with many upgrades to list.
I am in the West Denver/Golden area and I just wanted to give a shout out to my local VMAX riders.

I just swapped out the 86 engine for a 92 and I am in the process of swapping the left side cover, stator, coil pick ups and the wiring from the 86.

Cheers,
1986vmonster

Welcome to the forum, and believe me...ANY question that you have about a Vmax can be answered here by somebody.

Hello,

Cheers,
1986vmonster

Welcome 1986vmonster! I have a 1985 Vmax and live just a bit south of you in Littleton! My '85 is basically stock except for a bit of wiring I've replaced but have a very long list of items to upgrade.

Welcome to the forum!

Percy

Hi all. I've lurked for a couple years, but today is special for me. Using tips from here I was able to iron out the kinks on a '93 I purchased in October 2012. VMax is an awesome machine. Today I took, and PASSED, the S.C. class M skills test - on this bike. The accomplishment feels fantastic. It may not seem like much to others, but controlling the beast at low speed has been challenging for me. But I practiced. And practiced. I practiced until I turned fear and intimidation into respect, and success. I'll stop bragging now.... (maybe)

AG

Hello, I finally got the bike I wanted since my teen years. Been riding on a Shadow 750 Aero and now made the jump to a 2004 VMAX all stock. Could not be happier after going for my first ride on US 27 (South Florida). I guess the Aero will start collecting dust in the garage....

1sfppWB

AG , a BIG congrats and welcome , you have tamed a beast for sure , much to be proud of but always keep your respect for her .

Vmax 1968 , welcome and you are correct, the Honda just became a dust trap. lol

I wanted to jump on and introduce myself. I have been riding an '85 for about 8 years. It is fairly close to stock, but with Cobra upshots and a custom Corbin one-piece with a gel pad. I bought it while living in Nashville, and it was my daily driver for a long time. Then I moved to the Gulf Coast of Texas, where the weather is generally miserable, and it has sat in the garage the majority of the time. I'm moving to East TN next week, and looking forward to the scenery and prolific riding weather. My new house is three miles from Foothills Pkwy, and a quick trip to Tail of the Dragon and all of the surrounding rides. I also bought a 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe about three years ago. It's a beast, but not quite the same rush as the VMax. The main difference is that it actually likes to turn.

I wanted to jump on and introduce myself. I have been riding an '85 for about 8 years. It is fairly close to stock, but with Cobra upshots and a custom Corbin one-piece with a gel pad. I bought it while living in Nashville, and it was my daily driver for a long time. Then I moved to the Gulf Coast of Texas, where the weather is generally miserable, and it has sat in the garage the majority of the time. I'm moving to East TN next week, and looking forward to the scenery and prolific riding weather. My new house is three miles from Foothills Pkwy, and a quick trip to Tail of the Dragon and all of the surrounding rides. I also bought a 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe about three years ago. It's a beast, but not quite the same rush as the VMax. The main difference is that it actually likes to turn.
Welcome ! I am Moving form Florida to TN I will be in Living in Alcoa

Welcome to the forum. Basically any question that you have can be answered here.

Hello all,

Earlier this year I bought a red '95 Vmax but after 4 months had a chance to make over $3000 on the bike so I foolishly sold it and went back to an 1100 Shadow (my third in three years). Before long I was seriously missing the horsepower and cool-factor of the Vmax and bought a '97 silver 'Max with barely 16,000 miles and lots of cool and tasteful mods. I got fork, frame, and swingarm braces, cut down seat, tail tidy, narrowed scoops, 3K VBoost switch, fan switch, Barnett clutch spring mod, and probably other mods I can't remember-or haven't discovered yet.

I have owned 12 bikes in the past 5 years or so but think the Vmax is a keeper and will be my daily driver. Since I'm in the Phoenix area, I ride year-round, mostly commuting 12 miles one way to work.

I'm a manufacturing engineer, pilot, and former aircraft mechanic. Do all my own maintenance and love tinkering. I'm newly into LED strip lights and plan to add some blue lights to the Vmax.

I have already gotten lots of help here solving a clutch slipping problem. Glad to be here and to have met and benefitted from knowing some of you already.

100_5640 800 pixels wide.jpg

Hello all,

Earlier this year I bought a red '95 Vmax but after 4 months had a chance to make over $3000 on the bike so I foolishly sold it and went back to an 1100 Shadow (my third in three years). Before long I was seriously missing the horsepower and cool-factor of the Vmax and bought a '97 silver 'Max with barely 16,000 miles and lots of cool and tasteful mods. I got fork, frame, and swingarm braces, cut down seat, tail tidy, narrowed scoops, 3K VBoost switch, fan switch, Barnett clutch spring mod, and probably other mods I can't remember-or haven't discovered yet.

I have owned 12 bikes in the past 5 years or so but think the Vmax is a keeper and will be my daily driver. Since I'm in the Phoenix area, I ride year-round, mostly commuting 12 miles one way to work.

I'm a manufacturing engineer, pilot, and former aircraft mechanic. Do all my own maintenance and love tinkering. I'm newly into LED strip lights and plan to add some blue lights to the Vmax.

I have already gotten lots of help here solving a clutch slipping problem. Glad to be here and to have met and benefitted from knowing some of you already.

View attachment 45991

Glad that you came back. You also have 6 pot (piston) calipers that are off of a mid 90's yzf-750, or FZR 1000. I have the same calipers on mine. They help stopping the bike a LOT better!!!

Glad that you came back. You also have 6 pot (piston) calipers that are off of a mid 90's yzf-750, or FZR 1000. I have the same calipers on mine. They help stopping the bike a LOT better!!!

I knew the calipers were different. Just didn't have any idea what they were. Thanks for the info.

Also, I forgot to list the (super-loud) Supertrapps. I've always wanted a bike that would set off car alarms. Now I have one. The Supertrapps have open end caps (no disks). I enjoyed the ride home from work today when I put in earplugs for the first time since getting this bike. I like loud but this may be a bit too much without the earplugs.

You were one of the great helps in solving my clutch-slipping problem. Thanks much for that help. Clutch is awesome now.

What is the difference in Junior Member, Member, and Senior Member? I've searched but didn't find the answer.

What is the difference in Junior Member, Member, and Senior Member? I've searched but didn't find the answer.

It is the number of posts under your belt. I believe that you go from Junior to Senior member at 100 posts if I remember correctly.

And your welcome for the clutch advice. All that we ask is that you pay it forward. Help out some other members in the future with advice.

It is the number of posts under your belt. I believe that you go from Junior to Senior member at 100 posts if I remember correctly.

And your welcome for the clutch advice. All that we ask is that you pay it forward. Help out some other members in the future with advice.

I hope the documenting and photo of my slipping-clutch journey will be helpful to someone.

You're from Lawton? When I was 17 and a senior in High School in 1973, I flew with an older pilot-friend to Lawton from Canadian, TX to buy a 1956 Piper Tri-Pacer from the then-mayor of Lawton. That airplane was made the same year I was born. I don't remember his name but the mayor was a black guy who was selling the airplane (for $3200) to set his son up in business. Funny how the name of a town jogs all those memories.

I will be just south of you in Maryville. It sounds like we need to explore what appears to be great riding in the area.

Yep maryville is just down the road. My sister in law live there. I have found some nice roads but want to find more that are less mainstream. I have done the dragon and foothills and cherahola a million times and have done devils triangle and the rattler to.

Hi Guys Another new member but a long time rider, I am know as Redliner. I bought a 2007 vmax a couple of months ago with 1638 miles on the clock and really love it. The gent bought it new and got scared of it and put it in the garage. and would only ride it a few miles a month. It runs great but the vboost comes in around 7000 rpm which is late. I need to know how to get it to kick in sooner. Any help would be appreciated.
I am in Houston Texas and am looking for someone to ride with also. I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Hi guys, new to your forum, English guy working out in Dubai. I just picked up a 92 VMax, in desperate need for some TLC.
I've stripped most of it down, new drag bars/polishing/ repaint route at the moment. Loads to do but that's why I bought it. I'm already using some of the great advice on here. Front suspension upgrades next.
Mike

Latest posts

Back