Automatic Kickstand and Frame Welding

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of the two, I'd go with the '92. It sounds like your much more likely to get a good bike with no problems from that one.

However, I would much more suggest the bike up here in Michigan. I know that would be a great ride for you. If I had some way of getting home, I'd ride it down and deliver it to you!

As just a general rule I would recommend you get something '93 or newer. I was lucky because i bought my bike at the END of the season and got a much better deal. (I paid $2800 of my '97 and it was super clean and well maintained. I had 5 bikes to choose from at the time that were all under $4000 and newer then '93) I'm a big kind of guy and I wanted the bigger forks. My '85 was a bit squrilly at high speed cornering while this '97 is rock solid even with well over 300 lbs. perched on top of it.

Of the two, I'd go with the '92. It sounds like your much more likely to get a good bike with no problems from that one.

However, I would much more suggest the bike up here in Michigan. I know that would be a great ride for you. If I had some way of getting home, I'd ride it down and deliver it to you!

As just a general rule I would recommend you get something '93 or newer. I was lucky because i bought my bike at the END of the season and got a much better deal. (I paid $2800 of my '97 and it was super clean and well maintained. I had 5 bikes to choose from at the time that were all under $4000 and newer then '93) I'm a big kind of guy and I wanted the bigger forks. My '85 was a bit squrilly at high speed cornering while this '97 is rock solid even with well over 300 lbs. perched on top of it.
Yeah this one does look good:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=28767
We have quite a few Members from Michigan, I'm sure one of them could go look at and test ride that one for you.
You could offer $5,000 even and that'd leave you $500 towards shipping costs.

And there's a 2000 for sale in PA (I Believe) for $4300:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=28737

Last edited:
There are factory changes up to about 2003. The oil delivery assembly being one of the last. (o-ring problem fix). If finances were not a big problem, I would buy a 2003 or later as I have spent a lot of money getting past the little bugs in earlier models. (o-ring, shift pins, starter clutch, etc). Just my 2 cents.

I haven't seen any 2003+ models for sale that are in the $4000 range. My wife originally wanted me to get a V65 for $2,500 or less, so I'm already going over "Her" budget. :)

Latest posts

Back