Avons..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dman1961

Reaction score
So im replacing my rear Venom because the tire has a hop and side to side runout, and yes went back to the bike shop and had them check the wheel... its perfect. Remounted and spun 180 degrees ans it is still the same... bike shakes.

Even more interesting is the fact that when I went in to pick the tires up the first time.. I imediately noticed they had my front AM26 on backwards.. or so I thought.
when we looked the front rotation arrow was correct.. the rear arrow points the other way... Like I have stated in my new member intro, I have been riding for decades.. To me the tread pattern looks like it will funnel rain water into the tire rather than away from it.. and It just doesnt look right. When Mister Shover noticed and pointed it out, well I just couldnt stand it any more... ME880s are on the way. And yes I swear the arrow is correct for front mount...

Any thoughts?... WTF?... :bang head:

this sounds strange!
sit on the bike, your right leg is on the right hand side
put bike on side stand
walk around to the right handside of the bike
look at the tyres....both the arrows on them should point to your right
sorry but dont think am taking the p**s ...but somtimes making things easy, makes things easyer to understand
i always use venoms and never heard anything like this before
cheers
Rick

the shinko verge's tread pattern looks wrong too. i even emaild the manf and they told me its correctly labelled.

Lol.. I know its right... go look at my album and see the front shot of the bike. I just got back from the gym and walked past the bike in the garage... and when I look at it I think it may channel the water correctly.. but damn I remember all my tires from allllll the other bikes I have owned and it just looks wrong :confused2:

The bike handles fantastic the way it is... I hope the Metzlers do the same...

Venom's are awful in the rain. They hydroplane incredibly easily.

The ME880's are a far superior tire. You'll think you're on a whole new bike. Better handling, better traction, and not even a comparison in the rain. Switching from avons to metzelers was the best thing that ever happened to my bike.

Venom's are awful in the rain. They hydroplane incredibly easily.

The ME880's are a far superior tire. You'll think you're on a whole new bike. Better handling, better traction, and not even a comparison in the rain. Switching from avons to metzelers was the best thing that ever happened to my bike.

That is the answer I was looking for :punk:

thanks..

I have no complaints at all with the quality of my front and rear venoms, and they are not China made.

I am sure Metzlers are fine tires too.

As to rain, I don't ride in the rain, I think that is very dangerous on any bike with any tire.

O

Hmmm. Sorry to hear it. The Avon tires have been great for me. They grip very well for me, and I do have to ride in the rain since I live in Portland OR, or otherwise I couldn't hardly ride...... What sizes were you running? I run stock sizes which are the AM26 Roadrider 110/90V-18 in the front and the AM42 Venom 150/90VB-15 in the rear. I know another guy who got an oversized rear and wasn't too great. You can get them V rated too which I like since I push it on the high end now and then :)

I am ordering new metzelers for mine this week. I have the Venom tireson mine as well....haven't had any issues. Fron tire has a leak that can't be found....and rear is worn out, so I am just going to buy a set.

Back