Battery Shot?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikedave99

Reaction score
So, I'm trying to figure out if my battery is shot. If it sits for a couple weeks, it will crank real slow. I have a Bell "The Juicer" which I then put it on to bring it up to snuff. Now, when it is fully charged, if I take it for a long ride, it will crank slower at the end of the day. So, I grabbed the charging fault finder in the above sticky and went through the whole thing. My stator is cranking about appropiate equal A/C Current. My R/R is only a year old and tests out fine. I rechecking all my grounds. Now, with the battery full, registering 12.7 volts, I can start it and let it idle and it stays right about 12.7V. If I rev it up to 2500 and then 5000 it will not climb above 13V, not even close. The fault finding chart says to replace the battery and start over. I feel like its the charging system as I can't get the voltage to climb when revved. Any thoughts or experience?

if the batterys not working as designed it won't keep a charge properly maybe? seen a lot of odd problems caused by a battery ya know? when it comes to it,i always like to replace the easiest, simplest thing first.... how old is the battery?

Well, it is at least 1.5 years old at this point (since I bought the bike). I would love to suspect the R/R except that it is nearly new, even if it is the old style. I know what you mean about strange battery problems though! Such a pain. I just read through 44magnums thread and a lot of the same problems it seems... but with a new R/R? Yeah, I think I will pick up a new battery and charge it tonight.

Back