best exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean's new systems are very cool looking and sounding (having not heard one in person).... I believe they are Mark's headers with car cans on them. Deep tone but nasty up top. There are a few options here:
Marks-lots of options for can length, tip aim, bore size (full system - no center stand)
UFO-very loud, cool looks (full system , don't remember about center stand)
Supertrapps- classic look, not super loud (slip-ons only, retains center stand)
Kerker- Cool sound, louder than trapps (slip-ons? full system pretty sure that deletes center stand)
Drilled stockers (just a little more sound with a little deeper idle sound)
Cobras - lose power, but look cool

There is also a set of jardine slip-ons somewhere, but I'm almost certain you'd have to find those used. Delkevic makes some cool sounding stuff as well.

The "Best" depends on what you want. Sound, looks, performance...

I think I'd probably go for Sean's system if I was buying a new one right now. I like the idea of a full system with carbon cans, and I like the way his sound in videos.

LOL Morley, you sure are quick. I have the Morley Hybrid Marks Standard system and I love it!! Sounds great, tho people now know when I'm riding. My neighbor pops over and scares the shit out of me because he just can't get enough of it. IMHO I say its the best!

All A matter of opinion since not every one likes the same sound. I say meet some Vmax guys & listen to different sounds for a while & then jump on the one you like. Its hard to tell some times from just videos.

All A matter of opinion since not every one likes the same sound. I say meet some Vmax guys & listen to different sounds for a while & then jump on the one you like. Its hard to tell some times from just videos.

This. Having spent some time with my supertrapps, I'm not sure they're really what I was after. I think I do like them better than stock, though.

Marks-lots of options for can length, tip aim, bore size (full system - no center stand)

Pretty sure Marks retains the center stand and the Kerker full system definitely does not. Requires removing the tabs the stand bolts to.

We sell the kerker, Hindle (for gen 2), and our modified Marks system. The Kerker is cheaper and performs well but you do have to remove the centerstand tabs (permanently). The modified Marks is one of the more expensive systems you can get but the sound is very deep without being "harsh". This does not mean it's quiet. At idle it has a good rumble but a roar under load. We've got a few different mufflers available and they even have tunable baffles on a few of them. We normally use the stainless pipe work which is another reason they aren't the cheapest.

I completely agree with Kyle that being around them in person is one of the best ways to find out what you like or don't. The nice thing though is that there are very few used systems so if you get something you don't like you can easily resell it without very much loss.

I think I have a used (banged up) Kerker laying around here too.

Pretty sure Marks retains the center stand and the Kerker full system definitely does not. Requires removing the tabs the stand bolts to.

My bad. I was going form what my tired brain made up. Guess a standard mark's is on my short list, too. I gotta hear them in person. That really is the only way to make a good choice.

Going to a VMOA or any VMF sanctioned event will get you a great cross section of exhausts to listen to. I had a guy (Mr. Bill) follow me throughout a VMOA event just because he wanted to be sure that a Marks 4 into 2 was the sound he wanted. It must have worked since he is now riding his Vmax that sports a Marks 4 into 2 exhaust.
The videos will give you a very basic idea on how the pipes will sound, only in person can give you the best answer.

Yeah, ride-behind them, or next to them on the side of the 4/1 exit (usually to the right). No one from Boxenstopp wanted to ride next to me at Daytona this year w/my UFO 4/1 'balogna-tip.':biglaugh: "That's too-loud!"

http://youtu.be/Y3dZ0GouIvQ

Kerker slip-on with baffles removed. I like the look of short cans and my cut mine down. Morley, can you make something like the David Leonard system as seen on Taylormade Wheels site?

http://youtu.be/Y3dZ0GouIvQ

Kerker slip-on with baffles removed. I like the look of short cans and my cut mine down. Morley, can you make something like the David Leonard system as seen on Taylormade Wheels site?

By the way...sorry about the camera work....

And yes, my neighbors know when I come and go. It's the 0445 wake up they don't like.

Latest posts

Back