Bike Resto in full effect

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. I'm really happy with how the speedo turned out. For only have a hammer and a angle grinder the bracket came out looking factory (its pretty hidden anyways).

I've been working on the carbs all day. I did the "shotgun" method to clean them out. I spent a good deal of time with carb cleaner and q-tips getting the carb bodies cleaned too. At one point I even managed to spray carb cleaner directly into my eye ball.

The carbs are now on the bike. I am going to continue wiring the turn signals and head light now. The turn signals are going to be wired up with a normally closed relay so that they are always on and when they are activated the relay will do its thing and the turn signals will flash. I also have a couple of 20 watt power resistors so that the factory turn signal relay will operate as intended.

DSC02849.jpg

DSC02850.jpg

DSC02851.jpg

DSC02852.jpg

Wow looks like home stretch for you looking great love your posting you did on this.
You will have one sweet ride.

Thanks guys. I wish I would have taken some better pics. The bike has been in gear and a bitch to move so I haven't been able to roll it into the day light for better pics.

you can put it in neutral without clutch, just creep it back and forth when pushing gear lever and it will change gear

I was having starting problems but it turned out to just be a badly corroded connector from the pickup coil. I just started the thing and it is so loud. I sounds like a drag bike. I have an exhaust leak from the left rear primary tube that goes into the collector so I will have to get that sorted out. Right now I just need to put on the head light and master cylinders. Here are some pictures of the bike as it now stands.
DSC02861.jpg

DSC02862.jpg

DSC02863.jpg

DSC02864.jpg

DSC02865.jpg

DSC02866.jpg

DSC02867.jpg

DSC02868.jpg

Bike is looking very badd. Like the speedo , never could get mine to work correctly. I may ask a few questions down the road on your wiring hook - ups . With that exhaust , are you planning on a jet kit , or did I miss that in the thread ?

Attachments

• # 1 Group Chip 192.jpg
    # 1 Group Chip 192.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 29
Bike is looking very badd. Like the speedo , never could get mine to work correctly. I may ask a few questions down the road on your wiring hook - ups . With that exhaust , are you planning on a jet kit , or did I miss that in the thread ?

Thanks guys. Those are your restored forks on the bike Kyle. You really hooked that up, I appreciate it.

I'm most likely going to go with Morley's "Muscle" kit once I get the bike going for a bit. I have been pretty satisfied dealing with him and I know he knows these bikes as good as or better than anyone else.

If you have any questions about the speedo shoot me a PM. I can most likely walk you through wiring with it. It was pretty easy to wire.

BTW, Seans oil upgrade kit works great. The bike reads about 30 psi at idle and shoots up to near 80 when the RPMs go up a bit. I'm really happy I got that upgrade taken care of so that in conjunction with the one off gauge I don't have to worry about losing the engine due to lose of oil pressure.

Acewell 2853. Made in Taiwan. Looks to be good quality but time will tell.They are 200 on ebay.

That paint must have cost your MM (ModMonkey) Fund a serious withdrawal.

Where is "West Palm?" Is that a new state?:biglaugh: Some of the out-of-state guys probably don't know. Enlighten them in your 'upper right,' as a suggestion.

I'm beginning to think if a PO mentions any problems at all you'll want to multiply that by 20 or so to get the actual condition! :bang head::bang head::bang head:
No doubt Dann-o. I bought an 85 last year. I'm glad I didn't pay alot. I got an extra motor that was sworn to be good. Both motors had bad cases and junk cranks. There was enough other good stuff to still make it an ok deal. Non runners $500-$1000 tops.
Steve-o

Back