Bike Resto in full effect

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im glad everyone likes the paint. My cousin did the work for free. He had a hard time with it so I really owe him.

UFO lives-on w/o Jon Cornell, good for the family and employees for keeping the business going. That looks like a fair price for the work, and the results are good-looking, and probably very comfortable. I use a Corbin, but I think this is a fair deal, I bet you will be happy w/it.

That's true but I'm kind of nervous about the quality I might get from a local place. If anyone knows a good one in South Florida let me know and I'll look into them.

Here's the rest of the bike covers and scoops. I need to shave down the horn so the left scoop will fit.

I'm having an issue with the bike cutting out. I think the fuel pump isn't refilling the bowls. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Time to find that electrical schematic.

I'm having an issue with the bike cutting out. I think the fuel pump isn't refilling the bowls. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Time to find that electrical schematic.

I think Sean has those on his website.

Picture from this morning. I have the turn signals hooked up and new master cylinders on the way.

Thanks man. Danny is shaking down my carbs right now and I am repair the seat pan with some epoxy so that I can get it recovered. I think I should have the master cylinders today and will get those on and bled.

Good news. The bike is together and is running great. I got the carbs back from Danny and he did a great job. The bike used to only run with the choke and now barely needs any choke to start. The seat came back from UFO and looks great. Very comfortable. The battery was shot from sitting so I picked up a Lithium Iron one which is incredibly small. I put in a mosfet R/R and the bike started strong and charged great. I stuck the R/R under the passenger seat and went for a long ride Sunday. It went pretty well until the R/R melted. There wasn't enough air under the seat. Plus I had the R/R wrapped in a towel.... one sec, Chris Mathews is ranting on Colbert Report about "right wing jackals" LOL... So make sure the R/R get plenty of air. I ordered a replacement R/R from a ZX14 on ebay and a couple of wave rotors for the rear. The stock rotor pulsates like its warped. Anyways the bike is a riot to drive. Check out some pics. Here's how the bike started and here is what is looks like now.

DSC02072.jpg

The early December (12-8-13) Toys for Tots Run at Markham Park, I-595 and Weston Rd, a bit east of I-75 is coming-up (South FL-Sunrise). I always see a couple of VMaxes in the midst of all the thousands of Harleys. Try to make it. They could use a fine-lookin' VMax or three! http://www.cruisinsouthflorida.com/2013/131208-ToyRun.pdf

They close I-95 for several hours for the bikes to go from where they start to the county park where it's held.

Brett Michaels is the rocker playing, and he usually brings some friends who live in So. FL.

Attachments

• 2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 002.jpg
    2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 002.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 035.jpg
    2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 035.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 021.jpg
    2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 021.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 20
  • 2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 006.jpg
    2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 006.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 029.jpg
    2012 Toys-Tots_2013 Dania_2013 Daytona 029.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 17
I'll be at the Toys for Tots run. I wanted to make it up to Biketoberfest but I need the bike reliable first.

Very nice bike. Hell i'm just trying to get mine to normal.

Thanks man. One step at a time. My bike started as a clumped together pile of shit and enough ebay parts and time and you can get it running right.

Back