Blinking fast

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavgrab302

Reaction score
Guys I bought extra bulbs 12v 23/8w
Because they don't last that long. Anyways this last bulb I changed out, isn't burnt but blink fast.. I took the one from L side and put it on the R socket to see if it blinked fast but it didn't. I've tried different bulbs aswell but its like the ones I ordered aren't as advertised or something. The R side had the same bulb in it for months and just recently started this. Is my relay going bad????
image.jpg

The fast blinking follows the new bulbs. I've read some posts about adding resistors to the indicator for LEDs. I order 20 of these bulbs I wonder what size resistor I'd need for these bulbs.

Yeah I've checked it all. It seems to follow the new bulbs. I checked back front etc... The first blink is normal but hen blinks fast as though out. The left side doesn't do it until I put a new bulb in that socket. I'm just wondering if its the bulbs. I bought 20 of the damn things. But he'll they've been working for months.

If the relay kicks the bucket I think you wouldn't be getting any flash, and a not fast flash. The fast flashing happens because of a much lower power draw from LEDs and that's why resisters help that problem. It doesn't sound like you're replacing with LEDs though... :ummm:

I've never heard of incandescent > incandescent causing a flashing issue like this. Do you have a link to the bulbs you bought so we can get more info on them?

Just a thought. What is your running voltage at the bulb socket? It is rare to see a Vmax over charging, usually the opposite. But, too much voltage to the relay? A check is free.
My signals are faster with LED's mounted in the back. But, I like it. There are threads here on fixing the fast flash when it's LED related.
Steve-o

I've done all sorts of things trying to narrow it down by process of elimination. It's the bulbs.. But they are stamped just like the ones I got from cycleoneoff.com.. The ones from cycleoneoff the filaments are equally sticking out from base of bulb, the others ones I bought, the running filament is slightly taller.... That's the only difference besides the new ones just blinking fast no mater where they are placed. What doesn't make sense is they worked for months.. I did just buy an oem R/R and new werker battery. The new odysey 680 keep getting internal faults.. Don't buy ricks electronics RR they ruined two batteries this past year. Kept over charging.. Sometimes even though I diode checked etc.. It was just spontaneous. Anyways now my bulb issue has me stumped.

I bought some new bulbs from i5motorcycle on eBay and have a similar problem. They are 23/8w and one side sometimes flashes faster. Usually after it had been flashing for a few seconds. Doesn't start fast. Only happens with these new bulbs. Think the Chinese junk has poor quality control but hard to find anything anymore that isn't made in China...

Also they don't last long. Some blew in a few hours. :bang head:

That makes sense to me.. Mine flash one or twice normal then begin flashing fast as well, lately it flashes just once normal then starts fast.. Sometimes if I raise Rpms it will flash normal a time or two then goes back to flashing fast.

I have a universal relay that usually cures that (and works great with LED's). BUT, you lose the self canceling feature. I think it's $25-$30 for the relay so not a huge cost.

Sean

Any 2-pin automotive electronic relay will do - just pull the brown and brown/white wires from the OEM flasher relay and connect them to the new relay and you're done. Just make sure to keep all the rest connected to the OEM relay or the bike won't start..

i'd check my multimeter if the bike runs and starts that way.

Latest posts

Back