Boost question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentsee

Reaction score
Hey guys I`m buying a sasy boost system for my bike.I like the choices that the sasy gives me.My question is if I run my bike on a constant boost or change the factory boost settings will this reduce the longevity of my engine.Thanks!!!

shouldn't if its tuned right and you run the engine properly (good warm up etc)

Hey guys I`m buying a sasy boost system for my bike.I like the choices that the sasy gives me.My question is if I run my bike on a constant boost or change the factory boost settings will this reduce the longevity of my engine.Thanks!!!

It won't affect the engine one bit as long as your not letting the rev's get past 10000 too long - these engines don't like being over revved.

You may find that a jetting change maybe needed as it maybe running rich with full boost on or boost kicking in at lower rpms.

Mike

Won't hurt anything except your fuel mileage and range. I get 41-42mpg highway cruising at 75 with the boost off, and only about 30 with the boost on. I have the t-boost controller, and honestly I rarely ever use it. Just leave it at the stock 6K setting probably 99% of the time.

Back