bought a bomadier qaud for the wife

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No trouble at Marienville....just saying that I thought they now require proof of insurance

I was wondering why OU812 was getting crap in Marienville?

We, about 30 guys, no kidding, used to do an anual superbowl 3 day weekend for about 8 yrs. to Marienville, and we've all been fined, ticked, confinscated, and cuffed... It got old watching the gov. dip their hands into nature... We quit.

This was, hell, yrs. ago, riding off trails and rippin' up the sides of hills, cuttin thru well roads, etc. etc... Stupid shit... Mostly our fault none the less... I'm sure things have changed alot since I've been there last, most for the worst. Saftey wise it was for the better I suppose now that the sport has taken such a family turn.

maximus said it, brains weren't registering...
Tryin to dig up the edition of Dirtwheels mag, that I have somewhere with the write-up on the Cochranton info... & pics.

UPDATE.....Well, the first ride out went over like a "fart in a space suite":moped:
Now remember,..this quad had been slightly burned in a garage fire. So I took off the burnt plastic parts and I figured all was good. NOT..the cluster of wires that come out of the motor had gotton brittle from the heat, and shorted out!! We were about 1 mile back in the bush at night when the qaud just stoped! And then it started smoking bad. YIKES And what a smell. "that was from the CDI box that was actually on FIRE. I quickly pulled the seat off and bent the battery cable back and forth till it broke off. Hmmm:hmmm: This isnt good. We have what is called "tent city" back in the woods, ..homeless people, and you couldnt see them, but you could hear them. Ah shit,..dark,lost broken down,homless creatures watching us....felt like a horror movie. So...start pushing. It was surprisingly easy with 2 of us and the qaud was light. Next thing ya know, I was face first in the dirt LOL. I couldnt see shit and I triped over a tree stump. Time for a break, and a smoke and a drink......wheres the water bottle :confused2: Wife says..I set it on the back of the quad...gone:damn angry: I felt like a cammel. Well at least I'll have a smoke....lighter, wheres my lighter...wife says, honey, you where using it to check the wiring back there. Hmmm, no lighter either,CRAP. Put the stoggie in my mouth anyways:biglaugh: We finaly got up to the Fire gaurd road, the wife sat on the quad for a much deserved break, and I walked on another mile to get the truck. We got home...imedietly headed for the kitchen tap lol. The wiring is all repaired "2 feet of it" and a new cdi box is on its way.
Lesson of the day......dont go out with a used unproven quad at night with no tools or flash light on trails you are unfamiliar with.:eusa_dance:
All is good, and this is the begining of our quading adventures.

Back