brightest headlight bulb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

train460

Reaction score
What is the brightest headlight bulb that I can install without modifications and hot wire issues. Preferably from a local autoparts place.
Thanks
Michael

I have used Xenon (not Halogen) 100W55 bulbs with success. Have also used 130W90 but not for long periods of time, like on long trips, etc. They may get to hot for extended use. Xenon is brighter and white instead of yellow like Halogen. In recent years they have been producing bulbs that are higher Kelvin numbers but I do not like the blue color. Bright white is the best for visibility to me.

Try the new silverstars. Or go to cycle gear and pick up an hid setup. I use an hid kit from ddmtuning.com that has a huge thread on here. I like it, but I wish it matched with the reflector in my housing better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Or go to cycle gear and pick up an hid setup.

I was thinking of doing this also because they have a great sale on it every couple months. However, read the reviews on the Cycle Gear website and proceed with caution. I wound up buying a 7" EMGO chrome headlight and some brackets and replaced my stock headlight with it.

Attachments

• IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 40
i've done the ultras with no bad effects and on high most the time. i'd like to try zxe's sometime too.

So, not to hijack this thread, but I'm gonna hijack this thread.

My buddy just bought a 1998 and he was fooling around with the wiring since the previous owner cut all the wires to the turn signals. He turned the key on and got a horrid shock. After seeing the arc...it appears that his headlight is powered by a STUN GUN generator. I have some experience with stun guns and this is definitely what is going on.

what kind of light is this?

So, not to hijack this thread, but I'm gonna hijack this thread.

My buddy just bought a 1998 and he was fooling around with the wiring since the previous owner cut all the wires to the turn signals. He turned the key on and got a horrid shock. After seeing the arc...it appears that his headlight is powered by a STUN GUN generator. I have some experience with stun guns and this is definitely what is going on.

what kind of light is this?

A picture might help.

Back