Buying my first Vmax.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the treads worn on the front then the mileage isnt correct, if its just dry rotted then its possible it could be right. here in indiana vmaxes arent going for crap right now, theyre still a little high in the surrounding states though. ive seen several in the 2500-3000 range

Me too! Mismatched parts gave it away!

Interesting. Please elaborate. Be gentle, its been a looooong day.
Yup....that and the traffic!! Way too busy for Clifton Park!!
rofl_200.gif

And some other things........!!

Pictures could be taken in NY traffic, it was free and clear 99% of the way
biglaugh.gif

I got the one in Jersey City, 1988. I decided to be a responsible adult and consider my financial situation and priorities first. As gay as that sounds I am happy I made that decision. Even though its not a perfect specimen it will quench my desire for tooling around in my garage during the winter and come next summer id have restored another bike.

Talked the guy down to $1900 cash with a spare set of carbs. The spare carbs supposedly have upgraded "Stage 3" jets. The ones on now have "Stage 2" jets. I call BS until I can open them and look. Has a kerker exhaust and thats about it.

My plans are to do a partial dis assembly to clean it up, polish all metal bits, rebuild or swap the carbs, paint the plastics, clean up the electrics, check the hydraulics, change the fluids, and flush the coolant system.

Would someone be so kind as to email me a factory shop manual if they have one?

I've never heard of a stage 2 or 3 for the Vmax...thoughtthere was just stage 1 and 7. Dynojet only shows 1,2,3,and 7, so what happened to 4, 5, and 6? lol

Can't really argue with the price though, just hope it doesn't turn into a money pit.

Told ya....Jersey traffic!! I knew it! (actually I didn't! :rofl_200: but it sure sounded good....ey?)

Carbs....yeah, BS! Like RA said I or 7....but that's ok, he probably did a needle shim or/and paj2 change or something and somebody told him it's stg 2 or whatever...no big deal.

Congrats, yer now a v max owner....and a responsible adult to boot!! :punk:

Congrats on the Vmax. Sounds like you got a game plan. that backrest is worth 200-300$ depending on shape. you can part it out for close to what you got in it, so id say you did just fine. Ride the heck out of it.

Latest posts

Back