Howdy Fellow VMAX Enthusiast

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all,

I've just purchased my first VMAX after eyeball'n them since 1985. It is a 1988 with 53000km that has basically sat in a shed for approximately the last 7 years, and it's been painted orange and gold. The colors are starting to grow on me, now that I have it in person; looks better than the pics. My fist intent was to paint it. I intend to do basic mods, but I need to get it running properly, first. It is currently spitting fuel through the exhaust. I had a quick look at the carbs with the air-box off and all the floats seem to move alright. I'm fairly mechanically inclined (I make operating tables), but I'm definitely no expert in this field. I'm guessing it's more of an ignition (coil/plug) issue? I'm also curious, for those of you that live in Australia (I'm in Melbourne), where would you suggest is the best place to buy parts from, new and second hand?

Thanks much for the add. I'm looking forward to many more hours perusing these forums and garnering all the info that I can.

Cheers,

P.s. My other bike is a 2009 phantom black Triumph Sprint ST 1050

I would think there are a lot of Vmaxs "down under" Mad Max moto. Anyway I hope you get it running. If you have to rebuild carbs I suggest getting a Dyno? Stage 7 jet kit. They aren't the cheapest, but make a difference. And if carbs are apart anyway? I'm surprised a bunch of members didn't welcome you? Well, Welcome. It is a pretty good forum.

To those above,

Thanks much for the welcome; however delayed it may be :D

The bike is on hold for a while whilst I move house. It's fair enough to say, I definitely have my work cut out for me once I get back into it.

I've found a number of issues in addition, and contributing to the above. To elaborate at a later date when I have more free time.

Cheers

Howdy all,

I've just purchased my first VMAX after eyeball'n them since 1985. It is a 1988 with 53000km that has basically sat in a shed for approximately the last 7 years, and it's been painted orange and gold. The colors are starting to grow on me, now that I have it in person; looks better than the pics. My fist intent was to paint it. I intend to do basic mods, but I need to get it running properly, first. It is currently spitting fuel through the exhaust. I had a quick look at the carbs with the air-box off and all the floats seem to move alright. I'm fairly mechanically inclined (I make operating tables), but I'm definitely no expert in this field. I'm guessing it's more of an ignition (coil/plug) issue? I'm also curious, for those of you that live in Australia (I'm in Melbourne), where would you suggest is the best place to buy parts from, new and second hand?

Thanks much for the add. I'm looking forward to many more hours perusing these forums and garnering all the info that I can.

Cheers,

P.s. My other bike is a 2009 phantom black Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Welcome greetings Alton Ontario Canada.

Back