Can't find neutral?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky9

Reaction score
Hi guys, I hope yo can help me with a "little" problem.
Lately I'm having some problems with finding my neutral.
When I'm waiting at a stoplight, I'd like to put my Vmax in neutral, but he can't find it easyly.
When I'm in second gear and I hit the pedal, it immedeatly goes to first gear.
And when I'm in first gear and I push the pedal up, it goes to second gear.
I try this for a few times and after a few times it goes to neutral :ummm:
I'm getting a little bit tired of this...:bang head:

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

PS: when I'm driving the bike, I have no problem with shifting

I usually find neutral brfore I come to a stop, it's easier that way for me, you could try rocking the bike back and forth slightly when trying to find it at a stop, got clean oil in the engine? does the clutch handle feel firm? Just a few things running through my mind..........................Tom.

Hi guys, I hope yo can help me with a "little" problem.
Lately I'm having some problems with finding my neutral.
When I'm waiting at a stoplight, I'd like to put my Vmax in neutral, but he can't find it easyly.
When I'm in second gear and I hit the pedal, it immedeatly goes to first gear.
And when I'm in first gear and I push the pedal up, it goes to second gear.
I try this for a few times and after a few times it goes to neutral :ummm:
I'm getting a little bit tired of this...:bang head:

Does anyone know what the problem may be?

PS: when I'm driving the bike, I have no problem with shifting

Try bleeding the clutch & setting your idle RPM to 1000 with bike at operating temperature.

Ditto on setting your idle to around 1000rpms, and I, too, always find neutral while still rolling to a stop.

I actually have the same issue sometimes. I notice that it occurs mostly when the bike is hot. Like after I've been riding for a while and/or its very hot outside so the bike is in the higher temp range, thats when I seem to have the issue with finding neutral.
I used to have to get my R6 into neutral before stopping or it was a real pain to find while stopped, but I haven't been able to get that to work on the Vmax. It just always seems to want to find the gear.

mine sucks too after doing DD, however a throttle blip or these guys said while still moving helps.

If I don't get it into neutral while rolling to a stop and it doesn't go right in when stopped, I find that if I let the clutch out a bit till it just starts to grab then pull the clutch back in, it usually goes right into neutral.

I've got the same issue. I've tried rocking it,letting out the clutch a little, blipping the throttle,and going into neutral while it's still rolling which sometimes works but not always. My oil is clean and my clutch seems to work fine. When cold or slightly warm finding neutral no problem.After it's hot ,forget it.I was reading another thread on this where someone changed their clutch fluid to a synthetic DOT 3 or 4 Valvoline and it helped.Maybe it's the clutch fluid getting hot? Sure is an annoying problem though especially with all the stop lights I hit riding to and from work.
Mike

I find my bike is hard to get into neutral while hot and running. Once I turn it off it pops right into neutral though. So now I have a habit of using the kill switch so I can see the neutral light come on, but sometimes I forget to turn off the ignition when I park, good thing I have a PC680!:biglaugh:

:punk: Hey Redbone , Change your oil to Valvoline Motorcycle Oil and you won't have any more trouble. Good Luck, Spurs

:punk: Hey Redbone , Change your oil to Valvoline Motorcycle Oil and you won't have any more trouble. Good Luck, Spurs

+1
I went from dyno, to rotella, before settling on Valvoline synthetic blend.
It shifts smooth, neutral isn't a problem and the engine seems to have quieted down considerably.

Back