cant take it ANYMORE!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROB06

Reaction score
I'VE given up on trying to find the cruisin speed squeek:bang head: :bang head: :bang head: .....
ok so i havent !!
its not at idle and not at higher rpms,it seems to be somewhere around the air box/faux tank area, ive tried everything from greasing the latch that holds the f tank on to placing foam rubber between places that look like they r rubbing tried to make it squeek when parked (should've known it would not be that easy)ive even went as far as removing his plastic bike nuts,the max w/o nuts would really:wkwk:
(which they was replaced, as soon as them being the problem was eliminated) well i guess the next step is to fill every nook and cranny with the yellow expanding foam:ummm:

Got the same thing with mine (2004 Max), I'm gonna shim-up the contact points on the cover to bike, make them a lot tighter and see where that gets me.

Agreed though it's very, very annoying.

should they have a couple year recall:hmmm: i have an 06 if i find it ill let yens know

ROTFLMAO ! ! !

Got a drilled out exhaust, 3/8" holes . . . Will have to step up to the 1/2 holes now :D

Mines an '06 as well, but I have replaced so many of the stock parts it isn't funny...:whistlin:

Maybe one of the parts I replaced was the sqeaker(sp?)!
3/4" holes are better...:whistlin: :banana:

Ummm What squeek?
Mine doesn't have a squeek.
Unless of course your talking about the front brakes squeeking on low speed stops.
But I'm about to fix that effin problem this weekend, Got the EBC HH Pads right here on my desk!

I'VE given up on trying to find the cruisin speed squeek:bang head: :bang head: :bang head: .....
ok so i havent !!
its not at idle and not at higher rpms,it seems to be somewhere around the air box/faux tank area, ive tried everything from greasing the latch that holds the f tank on to placing foam rubber between places that look like they r rubbing tried to make it squeek when parked (should've known it would not be that easy)ive even went as far as removing his plastic bike nuts,the max w/o nuts would really:wkwk:
(which they was replaced, as soon as them being the problem was eliminated) well i guess the next step is to fill every nook and cranny with the yellow expanding foam:ummm:

Oh this just drives me nuts. Happened to me through last summer. Wasn't there at first and then one day it appeared and got worse.

Sounded to me like it was coming from around the faux tank cover and air box and THIS IS WHAT IT WAS.

Pic one shows the mounting quides under the faux tank. I have drawn a yellow arrow to the support 'wire' that slots into a guide on your frame directly under the rubber mounts for the faux tank,

You can even see the shiny bit on the 'wire' where the frame guides were rubbing.

I greased it and it did not stop it for long.

I eventually bend the support wire so that the friction point did not touch the frame guides and the squeak stopped.

Attachments

• squeaking bit.jpg
    squeaking bit.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 85
  • squeaking bit2.jpg
    squeaking bit2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I wrapped the rubber grommets in masking tape to build to up and it limited the faux tank's 'squeek', but it still happens. Drives me freakin' nuts, even with my loud exhaust!

:worthy: gleno!!, its gone! :banana: ,that mysterious frickin squeek is gone, this was way past the little voices in the head and runnin from the guys in the white coats.
just in time for the weekend.....:cheers:

I have this noise on my '02. It isnt that bad and isnt always there but when i hear it if i press down on the fake tank it stops.

Thanks Gleno,

It was those damn @#!$% guides ! ! ! Instead of bending, I put heavy duty duct tape into the grooves. Additionally, I put a strip around both rubber grommets.

I did this after swapping out the temperature switch. So while riding around and keeping a close eye on the temp switch (doesn't go past the middle of the range now) it took me awhile to realise the squeak was GONE ! ! !

Wow, a Max that doesn't squeak and over-heat how cool is that :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back