carb issues from the day i bought the bike new

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I got my first Max , there was a large contingent of experienced Vmaxers in the Houston area. " Old Man " Don Smith was one of them. Most were V.M.O.A. members as well. You might try over there to find a shop or volunteer to clean / tune your carbs. The yahoo tech site might also work for locating same.

There is still a nice group in the Houston Area. Michael Hansen still host a few tech days at his place & I believe he is in Magnolia now or close by. You might want to post on the Yahoo board.

yeah magnolia texas, thats mailing address but actually closer to the woodlands.

I am planning a visit back to Santa Fe in a week or 2 & have other friends out that way. If Rhoy is willing to help that would be great as I wont have many tools with me. I am coming to relax but dont mind doing a little work.

Go here,

It's the Hosuton Vmax board, as rare as Vmax sighting are around here there are actually quite a few of us.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/V-Max_Houston/

You gotta sign up to post but it'll be worth it, ask your question there and someone will point you to a guy out in Katy that's known to be good with Vmaxes, or even offer to do it for you. There are several that are more than capable and super nice guys to boot, as long as you don't mind a little beer geting spilled on the carbs ....

I'd offer (I live in Baytown) but simply don't have time any more, my work schedule is hell and weekends in town are rare these days..

That group also will be having a tech day you might get 'em done at before too long in preperation for a run to Bandera and the Three Sisters which is scheduled in October, you oughtta go with us, good group of people, usually about 18-22 Vmaxes and a sprinkling of other bikes.

The job really isn't that difficult or complicated, just a matter of staying organized along the way mostly, and putting things back the way you found 'em except for checking float levels and setting the a/f screws..

Rusty

Latest posts

Back