Carb needles and shims

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Maxxx

Reaction score
I bought a 2007 with a stage 7 and deleted Vboost. In the process of putting it back to stock except for the Hindle 4 into 1. Should I use the shim that came with the stage 7 on the stock needles? The shims are 0.040", or should I use 0.020" shims?

Also...could I use the stage 7 slide springs?? could they just be stretched to 7"?

Last edited:
If you are going back to stock you need to get the airbox back and also remove the air correctors. You could potentially reuse the needles and springs though you may want to consider going back to the stock needles too. Usually you don't need the extra fuel.

You're making this conversion much easier. Oh, by the way did you get my email with pic of vboost part that I am trying to find, maleko found part 1UT-13510-00-00. Part is plastic and screws into cable adjustment screw (pointer in red)

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20231223_192617757.jpg
    IMG_20231223_192617757.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The screw you are pointing to in red (looks like the sprayer from WD40 lol) is a regular screw that fits into the butterfly assembly. The screw doesn't do anything for adjustment. It's just basically a simple guide to keep the black connector from flopping around too much. You can take a regular screw and either run it all the way in as is or sand off the leading threads to make your own screw. I emailed you with the part number for the actual screw.

PXL_20210309_213856908.jpg

Oh, I have the bolt. So nothing is attached to it after screwing lt to manifold bracket? In the pic1 with the pointing finger it looks like something is inserted around the bolt. Maybe he but something on it to lessen vibration. Thanks for clarifying. I guess I was looking for something that doesn't exist. Sorry to waste your time.

If you are going back to stock you need to get the airbox back and also remove the air correctors. You could potentially reuse the needles and springs though you may want to consider going back to the stock needles too. Usually you don't need the extra fuel.

My airbox is missing the hose connector part 53. Looks like its discontinued, not even listed. Would you have one for sale?

Attachments

• Screen Capture 033 - Yamaha Motorcycle 2007 OEM Parts Diagram for Intake - Partzilla.com_ - ww...jpg
    Screen Capture 033 - Yamaha Motorcycle 2007 OEM Parts Diagram for Intake - Partzilla.com_ - ww...jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes. There are two of them that hold the vent hoses. I do have some on hand. You can see one of them in this picture (showing our jet kit by the way).

60898_158087997550564_2745176_n.jpg

Yes I would very much like one, do I go to your website to purchase or would you like to trade for brand new in original plastic unopened DISCONTINUED part #1FK-1130E-00. I like the handle bars on that Max, you sell those?

Attachments

• IMG_20231224_131225.jpg
    IMG_20231224_131225.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Email me. Yes I can trade you. Do you need one or the pair? And I do have a few handlebar options. You can ask about those in the email too.
Find the Morleys Muscle Facebook page and start exploring the photo albums (which are sorted by customer build and product types). We also have the morleysmuscle.com website (though it's mainly a placeholder).

Back