Carb syncing with vacuum gauges

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastatv

Reaction score
Quik question. I feel the carbs need to be synced on the 95 I just bought. Would anyone know why I couldn't use the "old fashioned" vacuum gauges instead of the Merc or Protune? Thanks:ummm:

Don't think there's any reason at all....you may have to fit restrictors (dampers) in the lines to control guage fluctuations though.

Yup itll work... they wont get you as finely tuned as a morgan or merc gauge, but theyll get you close. I used to use two vaccum gauges before i bought my morgan. Restrictors are a must though, other wise the vacum gauge bounces like mad.

Jason

You can use a set of vice grips or similar to pinch the rubber tube to stabilize the gauge. It worked well for me (using 2).

2 gauges minimum and lots of work moving from one fitting to another. CaptainKyle has 4 gauges that are sold on Ebay and they are Super.

Once yoy syncronize the gauges to read the same vacuum they work just as good as any of the more expensive sets, my gauges have the restricter valves.

Yep, my 4 gauges have 4 adjustable restricter valves...I'll sync this week. Thanks for the feedback. Great forum!! :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back