CARROZZERIA wheel thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazingly light! I would put them on par with carbon wheels

Brian, finished welding on the shock mount for the offset bracket use yesterday. Just need to finish up the brake mount and get it coated! I am thinking we are going to make a custom set of nuts for the shock lower mounting to also double as the spools. Should be pretty cool what we plan to do.

Sean
Sounds great Sean! UPDATE:I just talked to Sean on the phone so we're up-to-date with the sweet custom swingarm he's building me. Thanks Sean!
I have been trying to locate a axle cap like Otec makes that covers up the thread but haven't had any luck as of yet, by any chance would you have one? Or anyone one else know where I could get one? TIA

After seeing Mikes writeup on the differential teardown I started thinking about some bling I bought from Exactrep, rear wheel and drive hub covers. Here is a picture:
rear-wheel-and-drive-hub-alu-covers-click.jpg
I'm going to contact Sean today to have them coated to match my freshly coated rear pumpkin. The question I have is it a easy bolt on part? I also wondered about alignment and if there is any fitment adjustment so the two parts will not rub or if it aligned well enough from the factory?
Never having had the pumpkin apart and seeing Mike's fine writeup made me question whether or not that it would just that easy,

After seeing Mikes writeup on the differential teardown I started thinking about some bling I bought from Exactrep, rear wheel and drive hub covers. Here is a picture:
View attachment 28193
I'm going to contact Sean today to have them coated to match my freshly coated rear pumpkin. The question I have is it a easy bolt on part? I also wondered about alignment and if there is any fitment adjustment so the two parts will not rub or if it aligned well enough from the factory?
Never having had the pumpkin apart and seeing Mike's fine writeup made me question whether or not that it would just that easy,

I would like those in aluminum / chrome. Would you sell them and just have Sean coat a set from his stock ? If so , just p.m. me.

Thanks,

Paul

View attachment 28193

the one on the wheel is easy obviously and i'm 95% sure theres no allignment issues on the one on the pumpkin, just unbolt the cover.

I would like those in aluminum / chrome. Would you sell them and just have Sean coat a set from his stock ? If so , just p.m. me.

Thanks,

Paul
I am going to keep them Paul, sorry. Exactrep has them, that's where I bought mine.

the one on the wheel is easy obviously and i'm 95% sure theres no allignment issues on the one on the pumpkin, just unbolt the cover.
Thanks, Garrett. It's just that they have very close tolerances and was concerned they may rub.
My bike is still in storage so I am going crazy thinking about all the mods I have planned and haven't started any yet. I finally picked up a trailer, tie down parts are arriving today so it won't be much longer although the chock is still a week or so away. I've have enough stuff to do with my brothers house, clearing brush/ trees for a garage/ back yard and other crap that I cannot wait until I can fire up Redbone and ride!:rocket bike:

View attachment 28193

I had looked at those myself but couldn't justify the cost. They are very nice!

Putting it on the diff would be straight forward. Just loosen up the bolts on the ring gear carrier, pop it out, swap the shields, and put it back together.

I had looked at those myself but couldn't justify the cost. They are very nice!

Putting it on the diff would be straight forward. Just loosen up the bolts on the ring gear carrier, pop it out, swap the shields, and put it back together.
Thanks Mike, sounds like I should have no fitment issues then.
As for buying them, I just had a weak moment with some money burning a hole in my pocket. I don't think I would do it now, but I have them might as well see what they look like. I'm going to try them w/o coating the Exactrep units first to see what the bling factor does for me since I will be adding a few other billet pieces. My wheels are black, pumpkin is black so it may look a bit off or it may look great! I may also try painting the factory ones to see what they look like too, before I would try coating the Exactrep units.

Thanks Mike, sounds like I should have no fitment issues then.
As for buying them, I just had a weak moment with some money burning a hole in my pocket. I don't think I would do it now, but I have them might as well see what they look like. I'm going to try them w/o coating the Exactrep units first to see what the bling factor does for me since I will be adding a few other billet pieces. My wheels are black, pumpkin is black so it may look a bit off or it may look great! I may also try painting the factory ones to see what they look like too, before I would try coating the Exactrep units.

I actually DID have a problem with fitment after I had them chromed. As you mentioned they did rub, inhibiting wheel movement. I contacted Exactrep about this and got no response. I finally ended up having to have the wheel hub section machined down some so it would work. I also had to remove some of the studs holding the final drive gear in the housing. the thickness of the cover made this necessary. It comes with longer bolts which you should use.

Brian, get with me and we'll have them sent in to our chrome but have them black anodized!

Brian, get with me and we'll have them sent in to our chrome but have them black anodized!
Ah, that sounds better than P/C! Maybe I could do them and my other billet bits in RED, ala Rick Rash! I'll wait to see what they look like in natural, then go from there.

LOL, never tried! Give them a quick shout but I see no reason why it can't be removed.

Red Set installed. Chromed +3" arm and Chromed Diff. Penske Shocks. EBC rotors. Penske Shocks. 200 Metzler rear and 120.70 Metzler front.

Sean

Attachments

• SUNP0026.jpg
    SUNP0026.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 98
  • SUNP0029.jpg
    SUNP0029.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 95
  • SUNP0031.jpg
    SUNP0031.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 103
  • SUNP0032.jpg
    SUNP0032.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 103
Red Set installed. Chromed +3" arm and Chromed Diff. Penske Shocks. EBC rotors. Penske Shocks. 200 Metzler rear and 120.70 Metzler front.

Sean

Nice! Gotta change that tail light though. What length are those shocks Sean??

Dale #2592

Looks great, Sean. Would it be possible to relocate the rear fender back 3+ so it lines up better with the arc of the wheel?

Blaine

Fender can be shifted a little bit but would take some work. It doesn't fit well other then the stock location. I like the shifted back look of the wheel as it shows you've done something back there.

The penske's can be set to variable lengths! I am not sure of the complete range but there is a ton of adjustment! They are NOT cheap but they are possibly some of the best you can get.

Sean

Back