change the looks of the vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They work? Thats new :rofl_200:
:rofl_200:

My scoops are "functional", so to speak. They have extensions , that contain electric horns. A big improvement over the stock horn, but eventually I will be installing a single air horn. Then I may use the extensions for driving lights, or just leave them empty.

Now that would be cool, projectors in the scoops :biglaugh:

I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone would want to "remove" the scoops from their Vmax. I mean, that's what plainly states to everyone that you are riding a "VMAX"! Without them, people won't know what you are riding unless they can get up close enough to take a better look at the engine. Secondly, I know of absolutely "no one" who has ever purchased a Vmax because "they like the way they ride"! Really??? If you're talking about any Gen 1 Vmax, and if it is stock, then there's nothing to like about the way they ride, except for the accelleration factor! Nothing smooth about the ride, nothing comfortable about the seat with that hump over the gas tank pressing against your ass and lower back, and no warm fuzzy feelings when going around curves at any high rate of speed. So, without trying to sound sarcastic.....and I assure you I'm only being honest and practical here..........if you are looking for something that you "like the feel of the ride" and the feel is not due to "speed", then you should look for something other than the "Vmax". Yes, they can be modded to ride more smoothly, blah, blah, blah and anyone who owns one for any length of time spends tons of money just to get them to that stage, but one will still never get Mr. Max to ride "smoothly" like a Gold Wing or a regular touring bike. So, forget about trying to make the Max look like anything other than what it was, and is, meant to be-----------------> The tough guy that no one wants to mess with from stop light to stop light. Enough said!

Here's a pic of what it looks like thus far. ONE BIG HANG UP is that I really like the paint that is on the airbox and the fender, I don't know how to rig up this style on the scoops. I hope I can get stacks or something coming out of this without messing up the paint....
rearfender.jpg

You say you don't like the look of the Vmax because it's too 1980's. The funny thing is you don't want to mess up the marbleized paint. Well I had a 300ZX with a marbleized paint job back in 1989 if you want to get away from the eighties look, start with the paint. Ed

Latest posts

Back