Chopping up my Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got anything for cheap? :biglaugh: I would want a right intake cover too if the price is right, but again, I'm saving up for a new max so I'm not looking to spend too much on the one I have now.

Is that almost a sport bike position? Not trying to invade ur thread lol

Is that almost a sport bike position? Not trying to invade ur thread lol

No worries :biglaugh:

The bars aren't quite as low as a sportbike, if you look at a sportbike:

http://imageshand.yamahamotors.com/img.jpg?id=14483&class=lrg

The bars are pretty much the same height as the seat, whereas with the clubmans on the Max the controls are a good 8-10 inches higher than the seat.

In any case, the clubmans are definitely a huge handling upgrade.

Isn't it illegal in CA to take out both the side mirrors, may be even the turn signals?
I cannot stand the stock mirrors and on the drag bar I just installed, no matter how I position the damn things, I end up seeing my shoulders for the most part so why even have them? I didn't take them out because I didn't think they allow you to take both of them off. I think at least the left side is mandatory, am I wrong?

Isn't it illegal in CA to take out both the side mirrors, may be even the turn signals?
I cannot stand the stock mirrors and on the drag bar I just installed, no matter how I position the damn things, I end up seeing my shoulders for the most part so why even have them? I didn't take them out because I didn't think they allow you to take both of them off. I think at least the left side is mandatory, am I wrong?

No, you're right. Most people have a bar end mirror on their left bar for a cleaner look.

But it's also illegal to go over the speed limit :whistlin:

No worries :biglaugh:

The bars aren't quite as low as a sportbike, if you look at a sportbike:

http://imageshand.yamahamotors.com/img.jpg?id=14483&class=lrg

The bars are pretty much the same height as the seat, whereas with the clubmans on the Max the controls are a good 8-10 inches higher than the seat.

In any case, the clubmans are definitely a huge handling upgrade.

Handling upgrade? Really? I was wondering what it did to handling. How bout turn radius?? Im really liking the looks of these bars!! Mod monkey better get saving :eusa_dance: u got a picture or know of a picture with someone sitting on it so I can see riding position? I was just checking it out on mine earlier of where I guessamated where they would be. And I liked it!

[There is a speed limit?
uhm00000.gif

/QUOTE]

More of a suggestion, really.

Handling upgrade? Really? I was wondering what it did to handling. How bout turn radius?? Im really liking the looks of these bars!! Mod monkey better get saving :eusa_dance: u got a picture or know of a picture with someone sitting on it so I can see riding position? I was just checking it out on mine earlier of where I guessamated where they would be. And I liked it!

Yup definite handling upgrade!

Depending on how low you have the bars, the horn / start control boxes might just barely hit the dummy tank cover, so they don't affect turning radius too much. If I adjust my bars up just 15 degrees or so the controls miss the tank entirely.

Here's a bad phone pic someone took of me, you'll definitely be leaning forward more but you can always adjust the bars a bit :punk:

Attachments

• Will Motorcycle.jpg
    Will Motorcycle.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Back