Cobra Exhaust Issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Reaction score
When I bought my bike a few months ago, it had Cobra slip-ons on it. I think they sounded great but the guy I bought it from said the center stand wouldnt work with them. After looking, i believe he was right. So i put the stock exhaust back on it. The center stand was a little more important as it was a new (to me) bike and was going over it and had to take the rear wheel off. My question is......can i make the center stand work with the Cobra's? I know they arent the best exhaust choice, but they sound better than the factory. :confused2:

I use to just slip the bolts in and put it on the stand to work on it in garage then back off in 20 sec .....didn't use the center stand while out and about only at home.....

But if you really need it I'm sure you can mod it ,I forget its the rubber that hits the pipes of the bend in the stand???

Thats right. The pipes just dont allow tge stand to fold all tge way up because it hits.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Ya so I lived with installing it when needed....I never had it on center stand when out riding,only in garage. So guess depends on what you need but I'm sure someone has a mod for it. Maybe Sean...

Yea, i guess just for temporary use of the stand, i wouldnt have to install that spring right? That thing was a b&$@h.

Yea, i guess just for temporary use of the stand, i wouldnt have to install that spring right? That thing was a b&$@h.

No sir, I use my centerstand only for when working on it at home. Like Rov said slap in the two bolts spin on the nuts finger tight and use as normal. I use a bungy to hold it up if I'm moving it around.

Back