Cool or Lame....?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triumph1050

Reaction score
I'm new to VMax ownership and found these online. Im sure they've been around awhile and wanted some opinions from actual VMax owners. Being "fake" shouldnt be an automatic disqualifier as the faux gas tank and air covers are also.
I realize its my bike and can do what I wish but I just wanted some input from ya'll .

Your thoughts are appreciated...

4VMAX.JPG

very popular item. i'm saving up for some. however, and it may not be a big deal to some, the ones you show are ones that you can get off of eBay, which come in only one size. Exactrep has some that come in sizes like the ones in the pic AND ones that are flush with the scoop. They are more expensive though.

ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-V-MA...Parts_Accessories&hash=item231ccb56d2&vxp=mtr

exactrep:
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/info_156A.html
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/info_156_b.html
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/info_156_c.html

if my thinking is clear, you don't have to put the mesh in and achieve an even more trickier effect by bolting these "stacks/flares" over some blingy diaphragm covers.

I like em. Got mine from Morley, Jedi makes them out of stainless. I personally like the way they stick out the sides. Looks mean. I would like to put some mesh in mine, but haven't figured out a way to make it work and look right. Any suggestions anyone?

Attachments

• Vmax stacks 2.jpg
    Vmax stacks 2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Vmax stacks.jpg
    Vmax stacks.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 54
I like em. Got mine from Morley, Jedi makes them out of stainless. I personally like the way they stick out the sides. Looks mean. I would like to put some mesh in mine, but haven't figured out a way to make it work and look right. Any suggestions anyone?

Very nice...:punk:

Any interference with knees?

...and thanks for the links, N.

Only if you happen to lay it down....which I did. Pretty good bruise on the left one. If you squeeze the bike at high speeds, you can feel them but it hasn't bothered me any.

it's funny that you should ask. there's a thread that just got started today in which the poster was looking on how where to get them.

Carb Stacks

Pics of my '86 by the way... Ive been eyeballing them for a month or so since I got the bike. Just haven't pulled the trigger.

tn

tn

I totally love the look. When Sean sent me the pictures of what a certain seat cover looked like, the bike in the picture had those and I spent more time looking at those than the seat! However, for something that has no function or performance boost, I could never justify spending that much on my pathetic income. =\

Getting the highway pegs and also the engine support bar in the future makes a lot more sense but that is probably just me.

Here are some pics of them on my 85 if they load.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 36
Bet he means a transverse frame brace: "engine support bar"

Yeah, I like the looks but not gonna spend that $$ for a set when there are more-functional changes which can actually result in improved bike behavior. Now if I found a set used for $75-100, maybe.

Exactrep's prices are $158 or $302. I couldn't find them in Morley's site.

I have a short set that came with my Vgas carbs but I love the look of the longer stacks that I put on. I think they make it look like a true HOT ROD but that's just my opinion. And seeing that I'm only 5'8" with forward controls my knees don't hit at all but if your taller than about 5'10" they might interfere. But my short set are REAL do I don't know if they'd fit stock carbs, anyone know?

I thought they were cool looking when I first saw them, and I still do.
BUT I decided to go the "functional" route instead; I wanted some bang for my buck.

I put on a new set of Metzler tires, K&N air filter, frame braces, case guards, Sunpro tach, fork brace, Progressive springs(front & rear) with gold emulators in front, Galfer brake pads, braided/stainless brake & clutch lines, drag style handlebar, and a NOS wind screen.

It's your bike, and your money, and if you really want em, I say "go for it" !

Jester 42

Attachments

• 07 VMax  1198 cc  V-4  145 hp.jpg
    07 VMax 1198 cc V-4 145 hp.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 37
My opinion, if you have a true muscle bike, why hang ornaments on it?

Leave that to the Harley Boyz.

O

Can they be cool looking and lame at the same time? I like the look, prefer the ones that are clear on the inside but like already mentioned, about as useful as tits on a boar hog! The air scoops define a Vmax but no one could possibly say that they would not prefer them to be functional. More "fake" crap on our bikes? Gee, swell...

I just put some on my bike they were clear but it turned yellow. I just painted them black since I am not one of the clear cover fans.

Attachments

• carb covers sassy controller 002.jpg
    carb covers sassy controller 002.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 35
  • carb covers sassy controller 003.jpg
    carb covers sassy controller 003.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 30
  • carb covers sassy controller 004.jpg
    carb covers sassy controller 004.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 30
forgive me, i may know what you are talking about, but under a different name. please explain what you mean by this...
Forgive me. Yeah, as you might have already guess, I meant frame brace!
But after some checking around on them, I decided to put that mod in the back burner for now.
:bang head:

Back