custom bar question from a newb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnsbox

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a new member and a new rider. I just inherited an 2007 vmax from my father in law. I am really excited about it but he had customized to fit his needs and I would like to un due only one thing, the handlebars he had installed. He told me that they did extend the cables. So my question is how do I un do that. Is there just a kit or can they be cut and refit? I want to put straight bars on the bike. here is what it looks like now. thanks for any and all help.

shawn

DSCN3527.jpg

DSCN3529.jpg

That beast looks straight out of the apocalypse! I would say if you want to go with a flat bar or something low like that you will most def have to invest in shorter cables. It shouldn't be too much of an expense though. My '01 came with a broken cable from someone snapping it in shipping, it cost me like $7 to replace with a brand new Yamaha one.
The stock bars are a lil taller than a flat drag bar, but the extra length in a stock cable shouldn't be that bad to route around. The hyd lines for the clutch and brakes might have to be be custom fit though. Looks like a good excuse to upgrade to braided stainless. ;)

One of our superbike bars and either stock cables/lines or braided cables/lines both of which we have on hand.

I like it other then that too!
Sean

Cool trike.

Not 100% sure but from looking at the pics the clutch line and the throttle cables look stock to me, just re-routed.

Kinda hard to say about the brake lines. The lowers from the splitter down look stock, the upper almost looks like a braided line in the pic.

+1 to superbike bars from Sean Morley. I have a set and like them.

Thank you guys so much. Sean I followed your links trying to find the bars and was unsuccessful would you mind dropping a link or letting me know where to navigate to on your site. Thank you so much I really really appreciate it. Normally I'm a guitar guy haha bikes are a whole new way to spend my hard earned money haha. :)

Nice trike!! Looking forward to more pics and getting info on this conversion.

I want one!! :punk:

And I forgot my manners.....Welcome to the forum!!

Hey guys thank you for the warm welcome! I have had a few questions about the builder, so here is the info.

Iron Eagle Cycles, Inc. in Anderson, SC it is a custom build since they really dont make a kit specifically for the bike and are you ready for this...grand total for Conversion....drum roll please.....17,285. (holy shnikie) but it is great workmanship and you prob will never see another one just like it for sure. (i have seen other vmax trikes )

shawn

Hey guys thank you for the warm welcome! I have had a few questions about the builder, so here is the info.

Iron Eagle Cycles, Inc. in Anderson, SC it is a custom build since they really dont make a kit specifically for the bike and are you ready for this...grand total for Conversion....drum roll please.....17,285. (holy shnikie) but it is great workmanship and you prob will never see another one just like it for sure. (i have seen other vmax trikes )

shawn

Holy Bat Balls, Shitman!!! :surprise:

They ain't givvin' 'em away now, are they!

Beautiful work tho, I still want one, just can't have one, that's all. :bang head:

Back