Dad

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Reaction score
Hi All. I know I'm a new member on here, and I have yet to truly give you guys insight as to what's going on with my bike and wounds from the infamous wreck a few weeks back. I want to start off by first saying thank you for the warm welcome that you've already given me.

My Dad passed away on 4/11/12. The way I can best describe the relationship him and I had is like this: We were best friends, we were colleagues and business partners, he was my inspiration, my hero and most of all he was my Dad. We were as close as a father and son could possibly be - and the same goes for the rest of the family. He will truly be missed by many. He gave up riding long ago, but always wanted my bro and I to take him out - so now we finally can. I just got the parts needed to get my Vmax back on the road in today, so I hope to get her out soon.

There's a time to mourn, a time to celebrate, and a time to get back to business. Keep your eyes peeled 'cause I'll be posting some updates on the bike soon.

- Javier

Condolences Javier. What you wrote about your dad was very sweet - sure he'd be proud to know how you feel. And he'll be with you on every ride now.

I am deeply saddened by your loss. Like you said we, the forum, hardly know each, except through the occasional jokes and knowledge exchange. But, on the other side of the screen are other human beings all of whom had a father. whether the relationship was close or mutual, i'm willing to bet that each and everyone of us either know first hand or don't want to know the heartache of losing a little bit of oneself, and offer you well wishes as you find your way through. Personally, over the course of a few years now, i have watched my hero who rushed me to the hospital after falling from flagpole and after planting a knee on a parking block stake, slowly wither from a man who stood his ground against bigotry to man who can hardly walk without the aid of cane. we haven't been THAT close, but losing him is going to be the hardest thing that i will have to struggle through and because of this i wish you and yours much strength.

Hi Javier,

You have my deepest sympathy for your loss. I know how it is to loose someone so close to the heart. I lost my father when I was only 15 and I have missed him every day since. The best thing now is that you can keep him close to your heart with all of the loving memories that you cherish. In time you will find yourself laughing or tearing over your memories of the life long experiences that you've shared with your father. Hold on to them dearly!!! I am sure that your father is smiling down upon you and your family.

Remember to ride like your invisible and enjoy!!!

Mike

Javier,
I too lost my father, not all that long ago either back in Feb '09. I was not close to my father as a child but as I grew up and became my own man, we did find a common ground. I knew that my father always wanted the best for me. With his sudden passing it was hard on all of us that knew him. It was shocking not to have in in my world any longer. The best thing now is that you can keep him close to your heart with all of the memories that you cherish. Through those memories you will always have him. And knowing that someday you will meet up with him again. There will be days that you want nothing more than to sit down and talk with him, those days will be hard, I wish you much strength during these times. You have my deepest sympathy for your loss and understanding.
Big Paul

Very sorry to hear about your Father, hope you get the vmax back together soon so you and your bro can take him for a nice long ride somewhere soon.

Sorry your father passed.

We look forward to updates on your bike.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It is very hard losing someone that has been there with you thoughout your life, I just lost my younger brother last fall. He was always with me wherever we went as kids and in the past 15 years we had rekindled that close relationship.
Javier, keep your father in your heart and he will ride with you each time you ride. I'm very sorry for your loss, prayers to you and your family.

I'm sorry to here this Javier. My Condolences.
I still think about my Dad everyday. He died 16 years ago. A lot of things he told me were simplistic but important to know.
Steve

Sorry to hear of your loss. Sometimes we don't realize how much people mean to us till they're gone, but it appears that you two were always close, that's good. Lost my grandfather a while back, he had just gotten into riding after retirement and owned some nice bikes, all top of the line Harleys. My '95 V-Max was my late uncle's favorite bike out of the 6 he owned. He was killed in a bike wreck and was the brother I never had. The bike will always remind me of him, it gets kinda emotional every time I fire it up. I just tell people the wet eyes are from the wind. Be well and God bless.

Javier:
You have our sincerest sympathy on your loss. May he rest in peace, and you find comfort.

I am so very sorry.God bless you and yours.Im pleased you were close.As I was with mine as well.Still go to the gravesite,Have been going over 20 years.He was my best friend in the world.Im sorry

I'm very sorry for the loss of your Dad. I was very close with my Dad after my teen years. He's been gone for many years now. I shocked both of us when I gave him a hug before my parents left for a family reunion in Michigan. Hadn't done it in a very long time. He passed away at the reunion...

My Dad would have freaked at the power these Vmax's produce. At times, I do feel that he's riding along, helping protect me from my own need for speed stupidity... I'm sure your Dad will be doing the same for you... Ride Safe Brother....

Indeed, My condolences too. It will be a sad day for me when that same time comes.

Javier:
You have our sincerest sympathy on your loss. May he rest in peace, and you find comfort.
+1
Perhaps an overused saying, but one with a strong element of truth -
Time heals all wounds
You will never forget your Dad, but eventually those stomach-churning feelings of grief will gradually be replaced by the fond memories of your Dad, the pleasant experiences you shared. You will be grateful for the length of time you had with him, not as much by the time lost by his passing.
Just my own experience. I lost my father 16 years ago.

Condolences, Javier. I lost my dad just over a year ago. In fact I found my V-Max when I returned home from leave from the funeral.
Welcome to the forum. Great tlo hear from you.

Latest posts

Back