Professional coating exhaust… Questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F 18 Driver

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My bike has a holeshot 4 into 1 exhaust system installed…

The holehot system is looking pretty ratty and previous owner seems to have used some high temp spray paint that's peeling… Also he's wrapped a few of the pipes with what appears to be hose clamps.

My hypothesis is that the pipes were hitting one another, creating a rattle sound . However, I could be wrong and this was part of the holeshot system as designed for the 4 into 1 system.

My plan is to go black with the entire exhaust system…

I just don't know anything about professional coatings…

I was hoping a few of you could chime in and educate me as to the different type of coatings and what I might expect from different coating systems.

Further, there seem to be a few businesses in and around Los Angeles to do this type of work.

I just have no experience or reference. That's why am requesting assistance.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

F-18 driver

Last edited:
Coatings range from a high temp ceramic you can get from many local powdercoating shops, to coatings like N-Coat and Jet-Hot (and others). You can even use BBQ paint to last for at least a little length of time. Another option you may be talking about is a header wrap. These can actually cause header rot eventually as they can hold moisture (though i've had OK luck on drag bikes that don't see wet weather riding).

My Holeshot headers are ceramic coated so if yours are the same then I would assume you would need to remove that before re-coating?
Mine has stood the test of time well so as an option I'd recommend the process..
It would be best to get an opinion from whoever you decide to re-do your pipes.

Back