Damn Harley Guy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! 500 is MUCH better than nothing... That's for sure. At least the parts are paid for.

Dirt bag!

Chris

Great news Kyle, and this was the most interesting thread I have followed in a while.......:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Re: Damn Harley Guys

Seems like a lot of threads lately are turning into "us against them" type discussions and I think that's a shame! I happen to like Harley's, I think they're beautiful bikes and wouldn't mind owning one at all....just didn't happen to go in that direction, but not because I hate the product.

Sure, Harley has that 'bad boy' image thing going in their marketing campaign, why not....it sells the product! But you know what....so do we V Maxxers! We have our patches, pins, hats & t-shirts showing the "iconic muscle bike of the 80's," back tire smoking down the street....pretty 'in your face arrogant' I'd say.

Different approach but basically the same sales philosophy....and yeah, some of the Harley guys take it too far....but so do some of the V Max guys. We see it more often with Harley guys simply because there are more Harleys out there than V Max's. Think there's probly 1,000 Harley's to every V Max around here.... just a numbers game, plain & simple.

It's JMO of course, but there are assholes & douchebags everywhere.....some drive Harley's, some drive V-Max's and some don't even have a bike at all.....Kyle just happened to cross paths with one that has a Harley....the bike didn't make him that way....chances are he was always an asshole.

Let's not take it to the point where we're driving good guys away from the forum because we let it become just another _________ (brand of choice) bashing platform!

I'm done now!

You hit the nail on the head, Bro! Well said.

Blaine

Well I called the guy twice today with no answer so I called his Buddy & he was apologizing like crazy. I dont think he thought the guy would ever do this. I said well I am gonna go ahead & get in contact with my Buddys at the Sheriffs Department that offered me help & get this taken care of. He said let me call him again I am not sure what he told him but I got a text from the guy about 10 minutes later saying he would be here just as soon as he gets off work. He showed up a little bit ago apologizing like crazy & gave me 500 bucks & said he would catch me later tonight & give me the other 50 so at leang for st I got most of it.:biglaugh: Now we have to figure out where this Pizza is at.LOL
Glad to hear Kyle. Nothing like a happy ending. Now where we meeting for pizza? I'm ready for a real ride.(got to be home in 2 hrs.....lol)
Steve-o

We people in "Lower Places" had already PM'd you. So, No fun for me this weekend I guess....:sad2::sad2::sad2: Good that it worked out as well as it did for the Harley Guy..... And, You too, you got most of the money. Congrats....

Got the other 50 last night & My buddy that refered his friend to me also showed up with 550 bucks because because he felt bad & was not sure I got paid yet. He was happy to hear it so its all good now & I am never gonna work on the guys bike again even if he has cash up front. I dont need to deal with people like that.

Good news Kyle! Sounds like your buddy is a stand up guy, the other guy.....well, he dodged a bullet (so to speak)! :hmmm:

So, other than Grumpy getting gipped out of a little exercise, it all worked out in the long run. :biglaugh:

These things always blow my mind....if I can't pay to get my bike fixed 'till Friday, then I walk 'till Friday....just the way it is.

Never been able to understand these folks that expect everyone else to foot the bill for them. :ummm:

Yeah my buddy is a stand up guy. He is actually the one that gave me the other 50. I was not gonna take it from him since I got most of my money but his girl friend slipped it in my pocket last night. Damb Rum I did not even notice it untill they were gone.LOL

I'm glad you got your money Kyle. It's a shame that sooner or later one or two schmucks always screw it up for all the stand up people you will deal with.

Good ending too the story and Great too hear that there are some people out there who have some morals in them. Kudos to your Buddy for being a Stand up guy!!!

Yeah my buddy is a stand up guy. He is actually the one that gave me the other 50. I was not gonna take it from him since I got most of my money but his girl friend slipped it in my pocket last night. Damb Rum I did not even notice it untill they were gone.LOL

Haha!! It was a set-up Kyle.....and the money don't always go in that direction!! :rofl_200:

The friend that paid you the $50.00 and was willing to pay it all, Friend for Life, for sure....

Now that we're past this,:rofl_200: keep your eyes open for a 90 or newer. That could be fixed
with a set of carbs or something I've already got. Local and less than $1500.00...:biglaugh: It's for
my Brother, Gary.. My Friend for Life...

The friend that paid you the $50.00 and was willing to pay it all, Friend for Life, for sure....

Now that we're past this,:rofl_200: keep your eyes open for a 90 or newer. That could be fixed
with a set of carbs or something I've already got. Local and less than $1500.00...:biglaugh: It's for
my Brother, Gary.. My Friend for Life...
My eyes are always peeled. I tried to by a 97 last week with bad 2nd gear but the guy would not come off his 2 grand price.

I'm glad you got your money Kyle. It's a shame that sooner or later one or two schmucks always screw it up for all the stand up people you will deal with.

+1 Kyle! Glad you got your coin. I guess there's hope for at least some dead-beat douchebags. I hate it when I hear about a "friend" who stiffs a friend because he thinks pals will overlook debts...WRONG!

Anyway, what's all this talk about pizza? Is there another New York Pizza event? When?

Cheers!

Blaine

Back