Difference between aftermarket exhausts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And even more showing some of our Morleys Muscle Marks exhausts (deepest tone available - mostly due to our large big gun mufflers)

Attachments

• 1014174_10201662923083314_2005700717_n.jpg
    1014174_10201662923083314_2005700717_n.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 68265942_10213970157999089_2267919637695954944_o.jpg
    68265942_10213970157999089_2267919637695954944_o.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Carbon - Standard.jpg
    Carbon - Standard.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0021.JPG
    DSCF0021.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20130404_161224_537.jpg
    IMG_20130404_161224_537.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20170428_160925334.jpg
    IMG_20170428_160925334.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Left_Side.jpg
    Left_Side.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 26
If only someone had actually tested all of these I've been posting (oh that's right - I DID!).

Attachments

• Supertrapp 4.jpg
    Supertrapp 4.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Two Brothers Full Exhaust.jpg
    Two Brothers Full Exhaust.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 20
  • $_1.JPG
    $_1.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20190101_130209.jpg
    20190101_130209.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 15
  • adaptation strapps voodoo 1.JPG
    adaptation strapps voodoo 1.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 14
  • VEVMXI5DM-2.jpg
    VEVMXI5DM-2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Voodoo 4-1.jpg
    Voodoo 4-1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Voodoo 4-2.jpg
    Voodoo 4-2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Voodoo O2 Sensor Placement.jpg
    Voodoo O2 Sensor Placement.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 15
I almost get tired of trying to convince people that I might know a little something. I will confess. I did not test the last one but thought some might like to see it for the variety.
Not pictured:
Mad Max Sidewinder
Marving
Over Racing (would love to test a set of their titanium full systems)
Esper (again would love to test one of their full systems)
Devil
UFO (the various ones they made)
Star Rider Performance (basically UFO reopened under one of Cornels mechanics after he passed)
A few other brands I can't remember at the moment.

Attachments

• HMF Exhaust.jpg
    HMF Exhaust.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20140115_172605_776.jpg
    IMG_20140115_172605_776.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P1060218.JPG
    P1060218.JPG
    294.9 KB · Views: 13
A Final Parting Note:
The DJ (and other dyno's) CAN be fooled with a simple high wattage (high heat) incandescent light bulb placed at just the right location (if I have to tell you where, you don't know how the machine works). I've seen it done by unscrupulous operators who wanted to get a big number for themselves (or customer). Another sure fire way to get variation in the number is to start by dynoing the first bike and get your number. Change your setup (OR wait) in just enough time for the engine to cool down though the oil to retain heat. This helps your intake charge be cooler and not have to wait as long for the engine to be ready to make a safe pull. Will almost always give you a higher number (even if you don't change anything).

First off, Sean, I don't get all the hostility towards me. I've constantly done nothing but touted you as the "go to" guy on Vmax's over and over again. Check my history.

Secondly, I was referring to the guy that "knows nothing about a Vmax, BUT..."

So wherever that all came from, well...

Edit to add: It does seem a bit odd how most slip on companies like Kerker / Supertrapp also have tons of articles and tests saying their slip on systems can gain 10 to 13 HP are all somehow lying. How can all these companies post that without being sued by now?

Last edited:
That's the thing: is EVERYBODY exaggerating?

From Supertrapp: Kerker Slip-Ons provide great mid-high range power. 8dB louder than stock. Shootout champion with proven 10 – 12% hp gains.

A lot of manufacturers say that and have for years.

Parmino you may not realize it but you often come off hostile and a bit insulting. None of us know it all yet we all share our knowledge. SBD communicated what we were all thinking. Thanks to people like Sean Morley it’s common knowledge that slip on’s don’t produce more power, so claims to the contrary need to be backed up with proof which Dale did not provide.

Parmino you may not realize it but you often come off hostile and a bit insulting.

Frankly, I don't get that.

I had seen dyno tests, paper prints of results from multiple manufacturers all claiming the same thing. That is all I did. You folks come in and call every one of them liars, cheats and frauds.

The only person I called a "know it all" was a fellow that openly admitted he knew nothing about a Vmax but kept commenting as though he did. I was also NOT the first to call him that.

I would suggest you back up and reread this thread. At no time did I call anybody a liar or a fraud or suggest they fudge their numbers without any evidence.

That was all you folks. All I did was post their results obtained from their websites.

If Supertrapp / Kerker is lying, and Holeshot Performance is lying, and others are lying, then something is definitely up. It's the first time I've ever heard of it. And this is the only place I've ever seen it even suggested.

Everyone wants their product to appear better. So the question that I have, the "stock" bike that manufactures dynod.....was it truly stock....IE float level off, bad plugs, dirty air cleaner...etc. Then slip ons are put on (PLUS all of those issues fixed) and then magically there is your 10% gain from slipons?

I picked up a 4 hp gain strictly from a carb rebuild alone (From Dannymax, the floats were about 12 mm so way off) and another 2 from getting things dialed in. I had everything else still on the bike. The 4-1, Seans kit, and the ignitech. So it truly was a before and after.

So if things like that are done (with slipons), they COULD say....with the slipons they picked up extra HP....they just left out the AND tuned the bike.

Last edited:
There was a thread I followed when I rebuilt mine. It had said to put the float levels to right where that little circle is on the body. All of mine had been above that, so I put them to that level.

Bike runs better than factory I think, but I use a bit more gas. I used to hit between 95 and 100 miles before the gas light came on. Now it turns on about 90 to 95.

Mine has never bene dyno'd though so I have no idea if it actually picked up any power. It just feels better.

I’m sorry Parmino but I don’t understand what you mean. “Pick em in the end”
LOL.

Hard to read dry humor I guess.

If "everybody" is exaggerating to sell their product and "everyone" wants their product to look better then it really doesn't matter who you listen to, does it? Because in the end, "everybody" is doing it.

There was a thread I followed when I rebuilt mine. It had said to put the float levels to right where that little circle is on the body. All of mine had been above that, so I put them to that level.

Bike runs better than factory I think, but I use a bit more gas. I used to hit between 95 and 100 miles before the gas light came on. Now it turns on about 90 to 95.

Mine has never bene dyno'd though so I have no idea if it actually picked up any power. It just feels better.

Do you have adjustable needles? Mileage is controlled by the needles. If your still running stock needles, you could try shimming them for better mileage.

Yes I believe they all do. If your implying that that also applies to Sean and various other members well then I must disagree. We have a great community that wants to share information for all of our benefit not financial gain or market share. I own a restaurant and am a professional chef. When we plate something the best angle or side is the one that goes up for the guest to view. So to some extant we do all do it.

Do you have adjustable needles? Mileage is controlled by the needles. If your still running stock needles, you could try shimming them for better mileage.

Nope. My carbs are totally stock. I simply had to clean them out because it sat up for so long while I was sick. If I ever take them back down I'll definitely look into that.

Thanks!

Yes I believe they all do. If your implying that that also applies to Sean and various other members well then I must disagree. We have a great community that wants to share information for all of our benefit not financial gain or market share. I own a restaurant and am a professional chef. When we plate something the best angle or side is the one that goes up for the guest to view. So to some extant we do all do it.
That's twice I joked. The first time you didn't get it. The second time I spelled it out for you. Why are you so hell bent on starting an argument?

Edit to add: Here's a couple of my comments on Sean Morley:

I think it's going to come down to your own personal preference, but again, @Fire-medic knows more about it than just about anybody other than Sean Morely. (Forget his user name here.)

Same here. I hit him (Sean Morley) up on Facebook several times when I had to redo my carburetors after the bike sat up for nearly two years due to my battle with cancer and other surgery.

He never failed to respond and his advice was spot on. Bike's running better than ever.

Back