discount race ecu?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you can do is start calling dealers and asking what they are willing to do to get your business. I know Yamaha is giving the Dealers an incentive for selling the optional accessories for the new Vmax.

I think you might want to hold off on getting a race ECU. I know of a few people that are working on them as we speak. If you buy one too early, not all the venders will have their models ready. The 09's have only been out for a few months and that isn't much time to get any bugs worked out of a new product. If it were me, I would wait a little bit longer and I'm willing to bet you will see a few more choices out there.

I wouldn't get the Yamaha ECU if all it really does is remove the speed limiter. An aftermarket unit will probably be less coin, remove the limiter anyway, and probably add some extra HP to boot! An aftermarket controller will also most likely have the ability to do different tunes to maximize performance mods where as the Yamaha one won't.

Don't hold your breath....

It took the aftermarket over 3 years to crack the ECU's on the Nissan/Infinti 350Z/G35

And that was something that had a huge demand, way more than the Vmax.....

I ended up using a fairly primitve system to overdrive the Injector pressure according to Boost rate because the injector pulse width couldn't be changed in the ECU.......

Back