Does the Gen 2 have a headlight sensor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Does the Gen 2 have a headlight relay

When I started it up yesterday I noticed that the small light above the headlight was on buy the headlight wasn't. I believe all motorcycles have the headlights always on for safety, I must have a burnt out lightbulb. I hope it isn't something in the wiring.

Last edited:
Re: Does the Gen 2 have a headlight relay

Yes I did

Last edited:

***UPDATE***

I've checked all the fuses and the headlight fuse and they are all good, does anyone know if there is a headlight relay.

Last edited:
Did you notice no headlight before you started it or after? Just to be sure.

No headlight, no high beam or no low beam, with Vmax on or off.

I think I know what happened, last summer I did the fan mod and the relay that I had to tie into was the headlight relay. So it is obvious to me that I screwed something up.

I am going to try and undo the fan mod. It was a video I used by Tim Nash so I know he did it right I just didn't do something right. Monday just in case I will order the headlight relay and I feel it will fix my issue.

Thanks for your post.

Last edited:

Did you mean did I notice the no headlight before or after my fan mod? To be honest I didn't notice until a year later, I only rode my Vmax one time after buying it last spring. there are lots of reasons, discussed here and other places so excuse me if I don't go into it.

When I rode it the one time I didn't notice if it was on or off. I did a fan Mod and it tied into the headlight relay so I was thinking I screwed up the relay, but the fan mod works? if the relay was bad from something I did would the fan mod work?

Headed out to my garage to remove the fan mod and see if that does anything.

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to post them.

well after 3 night of no sleep trying to search the Internet high and low to find an answer to my headlight not working.

At 5:45 AM I ran across a motorcycle forum and this girl named Atlas 68 had a post that said if you ever have a motorcycle and the headlight stops working for any reason the golden rule for troubleshooting a headlight that is working is to first check your starting button.

The next post said that he had the same problem he went out put a rag underneath the assembly and sprayed a slight bit of WD-40 in both buttons kind of on the edges so I did the same thing, I turn the key on and my headlight works so apparently it wasn't the fan mod that I thought I screwed up it was my starter button sticking. So for all those in the future who have a headlight it isn't working remember to check your starter button first to make sure it isn't sticking.

I hope this helps somebody in the future

Back