doesnt like going 25 MPH

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorguy

Reaction score
Hey everyone.Have had the Vmax out a couple times already.Backgroung on the bike.It has UFO 4into1.Stage 7 jet kit.I believe the v-boost is open all the time.Problem is it doesnt like going 25.Seems like no matter what gear im in just chugs of kinda jerks.Was wondering it it had anything to do with the v-boost being open,higher speeds it runs awesome.Than again it may just be me,i came off a Warrior that redlines at 5 grand.Maybe i just need to get usto the bike.

I have the same pipe & jet kit, I can ride mine 25 mph which is the speed on the streets in my neighborhood. I do 25 out of consideration for my neighbors and my license. I replaced the 'baloney-cut' stub exhaust w/a UFO megaphone this week. Still loud, but it removes some of the ear-offending (to the neighbors) sound. A bit less dB.

I will say, my setup doesn't like 'off-idle' steady throttle much. I just drop it a gear so I am not there & let it sing a bit. Unless there's a L.E.O. behind me.

It should hold 5mph anywhere thru 130mph or whatever and be smooooth.....something must not be quite happy.....JMHO.......

I have the ufo and stage 7 kit with the big motor and it runs fine thru all the speeds and gears but it sounds funny inside the helmet at some of the lowers speeds, almost like a idling at 3000rpm, like a horse that wants to run

I have an 86 with the UFO dragstar, v-boost removed and stage 7. I have the same issue, I found that it kinda runs rough under 3000 rpm. Once I crack open the throttle some, it evens out. It's kinda like it's just raring to go all the time. At idle it won't idle for but maybe a minute before dieing, cause it lopes so much and the idle is kinda low.

Glad to hear that the megaphone dampens the sound a bit, because I have the 2 1/2 slash cut and think I might go deaf in my right ear if I don't do something about it.

I have an 86 with the UFO dragstar, v-boost removed and stage 7. I have the same issue, I found that it kinda runs rough under 3000 rpm. Once I crack open the throttle some, it evens out. It's kinda like it's just raring to go all the time. At idle it won't idle for but maybe a minute before dieing, cause it lopes so much and the idle is kinda low.

Glad to hear that the megaphone dampens the sound a bit, because I have the 2 1/2 slash cut and think I might go deaf in my right ear if I don't do something about it.

I suggest you always wear earplugs w/the Dragstar as you will lose hearing over time. The megaphone is better by a bit. I have a couple cans to add to the Dragstar header/collector to see about lowering the sound a bit more, but getting time to work on it is another thing. I also just scored an unusual (I am told by the builder) used 4/1 that has a place in-line to be tried-out.

I have the ufo and stage 7 kit with the big motor and it runs fine thru all the speeds and gears but it sounds funny inside the helmet at some of the lowers speeds, almost like a idling at 3000rpm, like a horse that wants to run

I always thought that UFO's either sounded like galloping horses or a train rumbling. That was until I heard your ride. A 1500cc w/UFO's.. Nice man, NICE!!

-KarmaKatt-

I called Jon Cornell and im going to order the cap with the smaller hole for the megaphone.He said it will help but it will still be loud.Personally i would run open headers if i could but johnny law wouldnt like it.Come to think about it my neighbors wouldnt like it at 5 am either :no no no:

I can't wait to put the Megaphones on. I bought the stage 7 kit and some new K&N's last summer but have kept dropping the grand on the new pipes off until this spring. Almost done with the chrome accents so i'm looking forward to getting it all together. I have a Fatmax Fairing and Fatmax Belly pan all painted and ready to be installed. Want to put my pipe and jet kit in before I add the new plastics. Last will be the Fatmax hard bags. Why does everything have to cost so Dang much LOL ? I am totally in love with the carrozzeria chromed wheels they look so darn sweet. Can't seem to pull the trigger on the 3 grand for them though .......
2qd3hgo.jpg

jqs5eb.jpg

I like the chrome engine side covers. The cylinder finned freeze-plug plates make the engine more-defined, and give a strong visual clue to the cylinder count, and engine configuration.

I called Jon Cornell and im going to order the cap with the smaller hole for the megaphone.He said it will help but it will still be loud.Personally i would run open headers if i could but johnny law wouldnt like it.Come to think about it my neighbors wouldnt like it at 5 am either :no no no:

Where is "Ladysmith?" Just wondering.

You also might want to read this thread if you haven't already:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=307700#post307700

about toning-down the UFO 4/1 cheaply. I might have a sound clip today! That is, 'if I get off the computer and get to working on it.' :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back