Drag bars?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
I'm ordering them 2nite, just tell me the best pair & where?
Thanx all....

Shorthair.................

I got mine from here, you will need to raise the top triple a bit so they don't hit the tank cover. I used a 1 inch piece of aluminum round stock cut in 1/4 inch slices, drill the centers and fit them in between the two bolts holding the bar head to the triple clamp. It still has plenty of bite on the nut and it clears nicely. I can send pic's if you need.

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/ImportHandlebars78.html

I got mine from here, you will need to raise the top triple a bit so they don't hit the tank cover. I used a 1 inch piece of aluminum round stock cut in 1/4 inch slices, drill the centers and fit them in between the two bolts holding the bar head to the triple clamp. It still has plenty of bite on the nut and it clears nicely. I can send pic's if you need.

http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/ImportHandlebars78.html

If ya don't mind.

Don't forget I sell bars too. The superbike bars have the same pullback but they have enough rise to clear the tank cover. See our website for more info.

Sean

MINES AN "06" , I DID NOT HAVE TO RAISE ANYTHING ? .. :confused2:.. I'D PM SEAN MORLEY , " ONE2DMAX " ! .. MAYBE THEY ARE DIFFERENT ON AN " 85 " :confused2: SEAN WILL KNOW !

MINES AN "06" , I DID NOT HAVE TO RAISE ANYTHING ? .. :confused2:.. I'D PM SEAN MORLEY , " ONE2DMAX " ! .. MAYBE THEY ARE DIFFERENT ON AN " 85 " :confused2: SEAN WILL KNOW !

which are yours again tim??? you did say they are the slightly longer bars also eh?

I need to change my drag bar since it was bent, thinking about european or superbike type too. Somebody has tried them and compared to the drag bar ?

I love the drag bars, I just wish they could be a little bit longer while keeping the existing lines.

I have a superbike bar on my 85... only issue is center is too narrow between bends for clamp to fit down onto bar all the way... leaves a small gap between top and bottom of clamp. love the rise and pullback, tho. great positioning...

i find drag bars to be to narrow (28 inches)
i found some aluminum bars. they where 34 inches wide. used a tubing cutter.
and cut 1 inch off each end. they work great. with no clearance issuses.
the bars i use look like pro tapers. found them at a local shop for 20 bucks.

I have some draggish bars I am seling - am putting on Sean's Euro Bars instead. Mine dont hit the tank at all even without modification.

B-23 are perfect, wide in the center and longer than usual drag bars, but 100$ for just an handlebar ??
YEAH , I KNOW THATS CRAZY , JUST FOR A BENT PIECE OF PIPE , AS FAR AS " FOR THE FEEL " ITS AWESOME , I HAVE A MUCH LOWER THEN STOCK SEAT , SO THE COMBINATION OF THE TWO IS AWESOME ! ... PS. WHEN YOU MOUNT THESE BARS , YOU JUST SNUG THEM & LEAVE THEM TURNED UP AT THE ENDS A LITTLE TO MUCH & INSTALL YOUR MASTER CYLINDERS / CONTROLS & THROTTLE AND LEAVE THE ACTUAL LEVERS TIPPED UP A LITTLE TO MUCH , NOW INSTALL YOUR AIR BOX COVER , THIS WAY YOU CAN TURN THE FORKS ALL THE WAY TO THE STEERING STOPS & ADJUST THE BAR HEIGHT SO THAT NOTHING HITS THE COVER , MINE ARE MAYBE 1/4 INCH FROM HITTING AND THE BAR HIGHT IS PERFECT TO ME , IT TAKES A LITTLE TIME , BUT YOU WILL LOVE THE RESULTS ! .. :punk:

YEAH , I KNOW THATS CRAZY , JUST FOR A BENT PIECE OF PIPE , AS FAR AS " FOR THE FEEL " ITS AWESOME , I HAVE A MUCH LOWER THEN STOCK SEAT , SO THE COMBINATION OF THE TWO IS AWESOME ! ... PS. WHEN YOU MOUNT THESE BARS , YOU JUST SNUG THEM & LEAVE THEM TURNED UP AT THE ENDS A LITTLE TO MUCH & INSTALL YOUR MASTER CYLINDERS / CONTROLS & THROTTLE AND LEAVE THE ACTUAL LEVERS TIPPED UP A LITTLE TO MUCH , NOW INSTALL YOUR AIR BOX COVER , THIS WAY YOU CAN TURN THE FORKS ALL THE WAY TO THE STEERING STOPS & ADJUST THE BAR HEIGHT SO THAT NOTHING HITS THE COVER , MINE ARE MAYBE 1/4 INCH FROM HITTING AND THE BAR HIGHT IS PERFECT TO ME , IT TAKES A LITTLE TIME , BUT YOU WILL LOVE THE RESULTS ! .. :punk:

1/4 inch and still a second gear burn out has no ill effects like at BRC :punk:

Sorry shorthair...I was off line for a few days. Here's the pic's.
aluminum round stock cut into 1/4 inch pieces, drilled to fit the stud. I polished them for looks. Ive seen chromed washers used as well but I think the aluminum look better.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 32
Back