Drag racing experience

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuecoDoc

Reaction score
I took the Vmax to the strip last night. I ran my old Vmax years ago once in Houston, but there wasn't a full tree and that is a major hangup right now.

Best run was 12.29 at 118.85 but that was also my worst reaction time at 1.131.

It was about 84 degrees, at 4000ft elevation, so using a correction I found that would be 11.82 sec at 122.84

The first time I ran there was nobody in the opposing lane. On the first run it signaled foul when I was not aware of moving at all! That probably screwed my reaction times for the rest of the runs, but it didn?t happen again.

I messed up by shifting early in 1st and 2nd every time. The rpms rise so fast it?s difficult to judge, and 1st once lost traction at the high end. My shifts could be a lot quicker. There is not a long space to shut down at the end so maintaining full through the time trap is intimidating.

I left lots of room for improvement.

The MPH shows times should have been in the 11.50-11.60's if not faster. So, the bike is making the power you just need to work on the 60' times. I am going to guess that your 60' times were in the 1.80's to 1.90's or worse. The reaction isn't a big deal to the time it takes you to get to the end but it will make it harder to win against another racer. Leave on the last yellow light to help get that better.

Sean

I am going to guess that your 60' times were in the 1.80's to 1.90's or worse.

Correct, worse at 2.20 to 3.02. There is a lot to think about so it will take time. I would think about 4 things to improve but forget three of them when the time came. I need to move forward with my feet and stage shallow.

Back