Driveshaft diameter?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Does anybody know what the stock driveshaft diameter is? Gonna be real close with my new tire and I'm trying to figure out how deep of a notch I can go with....

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

From the looks of it I'm going to be over budget by about 1/16" so I'll have to shave the tire slightly, I knew it was going to be tight! LOL

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

With everything assembled but the wheel and tire off drill a small diameter hole where the notch is going to be and you can guage it with a small piece if tie wire. This will be your best measurment. That driveshaft leaves the engine at an angle already so all the calculations in the world may not get you there...Best to make sure....

I fit a 200 easily on mine now. The driveshaft is hella close to the inside of the swingarm after I notched it.

Well I'm extending it 3" and notching it and using a 200/50-18 tire on a 18"x6" rim and I think I'll be ok but I may have to do the washer swap, for some reason my tire is about an 1/8" left in the bike instead of being offset to the right, I measured from the tire to the springs to be sure but my measurement is 1/4" less on the left side vs. the right and if your at the back of the bike you can even see it's to the left just a smidge but I can take care of all that when I extend the arm. It's gonna be damn tight but I'll make it fit! :)

Latest posts

Back