Ducati Diavel vs. Gen-II thoughts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Max

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First I had huge fever for Gen-II, but then I saw Diavel at the dealer and yeah, it definetely looks frikkin' awesome.. Anyone happen to have Diavel? It would be nice to hear how it has been.
Gen-II would be better as touring bike and 2-up riding I believe, and there isn't that constant cleaning, oiling and adjusting that chain drive requests but Diavel with its 240 rear tire and that single sided swingarm with that nice wheel.. Wow.

Yeah, It does look pretty badass.. so it carrys that wow factor too.
No 1st hand exp here though, just daydreams n such...

You couldn't pay me to go back to a chain drive. No way. No how. Those days are past by some 29 years now....

I have ridden a Diavel and liked it... sorta, power was ...meh... Handling was better than the GenII as it has a lighter feeling. Brakes maybe a tad better but not much. Seating position to me was bad, felt like I was sitting on top of the bike, not part of the bike like on my Max.
Fun bike? yes. would I own one if I had the extra money? probably. Could it replace my Max? Not a chance in hell....

I have ridden a Diavel and liked it... sorta, power was ...meh... Handling was better than the GenII as it has a lighter feeling. Brakes maybe a tad better but not much. Seating position to me was bad, felt like I was sitting on top of the bike, not part of the bike like on my Max.
Fun bike? yes. would I own one if I had the extra money? probably. Could it replace my Max? Not a chance in hell....

Ditto for me. Although I don't think I'd own one if I had the money. To many other bikes out there that appeal to me a lot more.

There is only one VMax....nothing really compares to it IMO.

I Test road The Diavel Followed by the Gen 2 Max . The diavel was bit of a let down. It was Nice but just didn't get my juices Flowing, The Gen 2 Max definitely Still has That, In your face power delivery That I love. Never once did the Diavel Catch me off guard. The Vmax however still made me Feel like, if you didn't Know What you were doing , you would get hurt. That's a feeling That gets my juices flowing.

Matt
P<S. I really did want To like the Diavel , They always catch my eye,

Latest posts

Back