Ebay loss

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
Dont you just love it when you get out bid with 1 sec left on a item :real mad: make me wanna take them and :bang head:

and the answer is....

..... AUCTIONSNIPER !!!

(never ever bid on something you really want - you'll only push the price up.. Decide how much you want to spend MAX, then snipe it. It's not the last bid, it's the HIGHEST bid that wins..)

for sure i usually wait but there are the guys that use the auto bid that puts in bids last sec until they win so ya guess if you set your limit then if you loss it then no harm but sometimes no one bidding for 6 days to only snap it 1 sec left is a piss off also.

yeah...EVERY TIME I bid on a clutch cover to turn into a clear clutch cover I get out bid by some giant amount.Makes me NUTS!!!!!

Lol.....maybe I shouldn't be saying this....but I do that. Except I don't use any autobid software. I physically wait until like 10 seconds to go and then place my bid. It usually works, but pisses people off a lot.

ya i usually a tleast watch the last 5 mins or what ever but didnt have time and really thought id get it and well nope.

You can get in touch with me on a cover. Might be able to work out a business trade of sorts depending on price you want.

Sean

I made one from the clutch cover off a venture royal but it was about a quarter inch more shallow then the Max cover (ended up having the clutch bolts grind the plexy glass once the oil system pressurised).It didnt cost me anything because the Venture motor was a spare we had lying around.I decided to take another stab at it with a real V-Max cover but the highest I ever bid was $70.I am ALWAYS short on cash so I tend to make things with stuff I find dirt cheap or lying around.

You got ahold of the early 83-85 1200 cover then. The 86 and on will work fine. I do have a few of the early coil spring clutch setups that work under that cover and are good conversions like the barnett (use HD barnett springs).

If you have that old engine with the 6 coil springs, get the HD barnett springs for the venture (83-85) and swap over the inner basket, outer pressure plate, and short push rod and you will be in business.

Sean

Latest posts

Back