Effing Thieves!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Short rant...somebody stole my helmet off of my bike while I was at the Grand Rapids YMCA last night. I've been riding motorcycles my whole life(well, since I was 6 or so), and I've never had anything stolen off of a bike before. /end rant.

That is all:rant:

That sucks. I usually leave my helmet with my bike when I go for a ride. I despise that I have to lock anything because of a thief:bang head:

Usually leave my helmet with my bike too. Unless im going to downtown grand rapids. Then i take it with me lol.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I always leave my helmets with my bikes when I am out and about - LOCKED TO THE HANDLEBARS. Many years ago, I saw a friends' helmets get stolen. He & his GF had to make their way 160 miles home without the head protection, and also hoping they didn't run into any non-understanding cops willing to write tickets that night.

F'ing thieves.

I hate thieves, if they would steal your lid nothing is sacred. I always use the helmet lock, I just dont have a lick of trust in my fellow man.

I'm sorry you didnt catch him/her in the act.

I believe I am the only 1985 owner with a helmet lock because I bought it and installed myself. It is not in the usual position that yamaha put it either. I have had 5 motorcycles stolen in Los Angeles in 10 years-1 car also. NEVER anything stolen in 30 years when in TEXAS.

Thieves and liars are the worst.

I take it you're not a Clinton fan, huh? :rofl_200:

I've had two(2) helmet locks on my 1985 since, oh...let's see........I'd say since about 1985. His-n-hers. :whistlin:

Mounted mine on the left & right side of the handlebars back then because the Yamaha frame mounted ones hadn't been invented yet, I don't believe.
SANY1199.jpg

I take it you're not a Clinton fan, huh? :rofl_200:

I've had two(2) helmet locks on my 1985 since, oh...let's see........I'd say since about 1985. His-n-hers. :whistlin:

Mounted mine on the left & right side of the handlebars back then because the Yamaha frame mounted ones hadn't been invented yet, I don't believe.
View attachment 53469

I THINK the frame mounted ones showed in the mid 90's.

^ I'm talking about a stock vmax helmet lock.

With all due respect, yes, I know full well what you were referring to, even though this is what you typed -
blaxmax said:
I believe I am the only 1985 owner with a helmet lock because I bought it and installed myself. It is not in the usual position that yamaha put it either.
And as I previously mentioned, the stock vmax helmet locks weren't produced yet when I installed locks on my 85. So, I guess, either way, you AREN'T the only 1985 Vmax owner with a helmet lock, nor were you the first to think of having one. :icon_rolleyes:

Ah, To Catch a Thief... Satisfaction. Done it a number of times in my 49 years of riding.
I always keep the bike in sight or being watched by someone I trust. Can't trust it to stay safe
any other way in this world....

"I always leave my helmets with my bikes when I am out and about - LOCKED TO THE HANDLEBARS."
How with a stock one?:ummm:

I started taking mine with me when I saw some kids walking down Main Street in Hyannis ma. spitting in locked helmets.

Went to richmond hills park tonight to watch my little sister run cross country for school. I carried my helmet with me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Cop Runner and his buddy Mike were at an American Legion meeting somewhere in Jersey and came out to find someone had pissed in Mike's helmet.

Back