Engine guards on ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find! Someone could maybe get a good deal on those if there is no reserve and the bidding stays low. I've seen the same ones selling for $170 on e-bay. They seller is saying 85-86 models but shouldn't they fit more years than that? Not sure. Mike

Last edited:
I've got a snipe in on those. Probably will lose though!!

OK, won't bid against you then. I think I have access to a few new sets of these and maybe even a few sets of BRAND NEW backrests. Found a stash of them but haven't decided if I am going to buy them yet.

Sean

OK, won't bid against you then. I think I have access to a few new sets of these and maybe even a few sets of BRAND NEW backrests. Found a stash of them but haven't decided if I am going to buy them yet.

Sean

if you don't i might be interested in the 'stash'

Sean

The way backrests are going on eBay, it might be a good idea to stock up!!! :hmmm:

I need to replace my engine guards too the chrome is peeling off, but I would hate bidding against you guys.

OR, we are going to start offerring modified engine guards on exchange that accept an extra pair of OEM rear pegs (or we can sell you kuryakyn pegs that bolt in too). They will fold up and hold in place just like the stock rear pegs too.

Sean

OR, we are going to start offerring modified engine guards on exchange that accept an extra pair of OEM rear pegs (or we can sell you kuryakyn pegs that bolt in too). They will fold up and hold in place just like the stock rear pegs too.

Sean

This sounds interesting! :eusa_dance:

I need to replace my engine guards too the chrome is peeling off, but I would hate bidding against you guys.
My chrome was peeling on mine so I had them sanded and powder coated black for $20 I like them black much better then chrome, cheap fix and look like new.

Well, they went past my snipe amount so if anyone wants to bid higher, please do. I am out of the bidding....

I have a set that are are like new that I bought from a guy as a package deal with a sissy bar and windshield, if anyone is looking for a par.

Seems to be two types available on e-Bay. The chrome version with a V (Yamaha) or the Delvic stainless steel version with a black cap on the end. Chrome will obviously be more susceptible to corrosion if base metal is steel. I have ordered the stainless which comes with all mounting fittings.

My chrome was peeling on mine so I had them sanded and powder coated black for $20 I like them black much better then chrome, chethe ap fix and look like new.
That's the way I'm going, black. The chrome is on it's way down hill quick if ya put your boots on them. Pegs on them sound like a great idea.
Steve

Seems to be two types available on e-Bay. The chrome version with a V (Yamaha) or the Delvic stainless steel version with a black cap on the end. Chrome will obviously be more susceptible to corrosion if base metal is steel. I have ordered the stainless which comes with all mounting fittings.

That's "Delkevic".

I love this statement on their ebay listing. "No rejetting or remapping is required after fitment however we always recommend a dyno test after fitting replacement parts to your motorcycle."

Does anyone have a picture of installed Delkevics? They look slightly different than the Yamahas...they have two lower bolts and it looks like the brace matches the frame curve and doesn't stick out like Yamahas..

Latest posts

Back