Engine paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaneqt

Reaction score
Hi all. Anyone recommend a good engine paint for my 2000 Max? It's in bloody good nick but just needs a wee touch up here and there. Also is it just classed as gloss or something else. Sorry if that sounds like a dumb question but don't want to F@#k it up.

Are you looking for some touch up paint? I'm looking for some paint to touch up where the previous owner liked to rub his foot.
100_1841.jpg

Color rite sells paint that will match but it is not cheap.

Here is thread from another forum about a paint match for the '06/'07 matte metallic black.

My cases are missing paint where my boots rub but nothing like that!

Are you looking for some touch up paint? I'm looking for some paint to touch up where the previous owner liked to rub his foot.
100_1841.jpg

i have the same issue. someone with a vinyl machine should make some heavy duty vinyl that goes there that we could replace when it starts to wear.

someone on my other forums does that, any interest in me asking how much he'd charge?

What about an 85? Best brand/color for it? Ive heard to use VHT Engine Paint but dont know if to use gloss, semi, flat, or what. :screwy:

What about an 85? Best brand/color for it? Ive heard to use VHT Engine Paint but dont know if to use gloss, semi, flat, or what. :screwy:

I belong to a CR500 forum and the resident guru there recommend VHT caliper paint for motors. It has a higher heat rating than the engine paint.

I tried it last week. Hopefully its pretty durable. I did like the way it sprayed. Seemed a little easier to use than the others. Nice flowing tip on the can and I could lay it on pretty heavy without sags/runs.

Latest posts

Back