Engine removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machine1964

Reaction score
How long does it take to remove the engine from a stock '92 Vmax with a 4in1 header working alone?:ummm:

For someone that has NEVER wrenched on a max but knows how to wrench?

5-6 hours is a guess.

Spend a lot of time taking photo's and bagging parts.

Chris

Just over an hour if you're in a hurry from a warm engine to sitting on a bench (with some help from a 2nd person). 2 hours by myself. However, plan a day and take your time to mark everything and it will go smoother when you reinstall.

Sean

Okay I got everything unhooked as per the service manual,but the shart drive doesn't seem to want to come apart.Is there something I'm missing?

It usually comes off with the pumpkin I think. If not, it should pull right out of the Ujoint.

I didn't unhook anything beyond taking off the spring around the rubber and pullin the rubber boot free.The rear wheel and shaftdrive are still in place.The only thing the service manual said was to do what I did above so I assumed that the back of the trans would just pull out of the shaftdrive where it meets the swingarm.

no u'll have to drop the whole rear end. are you trying to get to the transmission?

Back