Exhaust help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazydanny68

Reaction score
i have a 96 vmax and hot air comes out of one exhaust and cold thru the other and it sounds weak does anyone know what this could be.
Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

Cylinders not creating heat. Typically missing spark or fuel. Pull the plugs and check for spark. If you have spark, time to dig into the carbs.

If i sent you a video of the bike idleing could you tell if its not running right by listening to the way it sounds?

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2

If one side is cool you can pretty well count on it not running right. Start be checking exhaust header temps....a laser thermometer is a skin saver but if you don't have access to one then a couple drops of water on each pipe, where it comes out the head, would be a good starting point.

Determine which cylinder (s) isn't firing and go from there....like Mike said, it's either spark or fuel causing the problem.

I dont know if this is what you have done but alot of time when winter is almost over you try to start your bike and the battery is not up to snuff. If you have removed the two screw on nuts for the coil wires for any reson if you dont put them back the way they go it would cause weak or no spark from that coil. Just a quick easy check if you have unscrewed them.

Back