EXHAUST

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerOrgan73

Reaction score
Good morning! I have some questions about the exhaust on the GEN1. I am looking to upgrade the mufflers. What is everyone using or have used in the past for the midpipes? I see a few options out there, but I would like to know what works before I make a decision. Thanks and keep the rubber side down!!!!!

A few different slip on's Supertrap, Delvic, Black widow or you can buy just the adapters off Amazon or Ebay & search exhaust cans until you find one you like that is the right size but you might have to fabricate your own hangers . If all you are looking for is sound any of these will work but none will really Improve HP but you will lose a good bit of weight . If you are looking for more power you need to go with a full header like Star rider performance or Marks , Kerker or something of that nature . I am sure Sean Morley might have a few things around to .

What Captain Kyle said. [email protected] of Sean Morley.

Full exhausts (headers to tailpipes/canisters) and a good, proven jet kit properly-tuned can gain you about 10% above a stock bike with stock carburetors and intake, and the stock dual chrome megaphones.

Go to the 1300cc Venture engine block with a full exhaust and intake/jet kit, properly tuned, and you should be able to get an honest 130 RWHP. The first generation Hyabusas were putting out just under 150RWHP, so that's a decent increase.

I was looking at these, anyone have any experience making them work?

Attachments

• vmax midpipe.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 0
If you value your hearing I'd "just say no" to that one. I don't know how-old you are, but take precautions now to safeguard your hearing, your sight, and your overall health.

VMax ear-Splitters.png
The Delkevic slip-ons are going to be quieter than those, I suspect by a considerable margin. Remember that those as slip-ons, will not increase your power, they'll just make more noise. At age 25, you might not be concerned, but by Social Security age, you're going to wish you had protected that one of your five senses better.

Last edited:
If you value your hearing I'd "just say no" to that one. I don't know how-old you are, but take precautions now to safeguard your hearing, your sight, and your overall health.

View attachment 89616
The Delkevic slip-ons are going to be quieter than those, I suspect by a considerable margin. Remember that those as slip-ons, will not increase your power, they'll just make more noise. At age 25, you might not be concerned, but by Social Security age, you're going to wish you had protected that one of your five senses better.
This is the Adapters I was telling him about . These are not the actual exhaust it is just an adapter to the stock pipes and you can run whatever can fits the outlet and there is tons of cans on Amazon and Ebay in the 40 to 50 buck range.

I was looking at these, anyone have any experience making them work?
I wear hearing aids now from too many loud bikes and sleds in my younger days. I barely need them, but music is better and general activities are much easier with them. At a minimum always wear soft foam ear plugs or whatever you're comfortable with around high dB areas.

Were you ever near that 150mm (?) muzzle ? I'd enjoy seeing that thing in action !

I barely have any interest in anything I hear now. I'm pretty sure by retirement I will have had my fill of everyone's noise. Beethoven made music for the deaf, that will suit me just fine!

now to safeguard your hearing said:
89616[/ATTACH]

Do I have to worry about re-jetting the carbs with the exhaust swap? I imagine it will depend on the mufflers I choose in relation to the back pressure...

Hey guys just wondering if I'll need to re-jet the carbs if I decide to just delete the stock muffler and put a pipe in its place while retaining the stock header pipes all advice welcome thanks

Back