feel the boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marecki

Reaction score
So, while cruising back to dads place after his accident I put a little more throttle to make sure everything is running good... got to 7krpm... and WOW.... I didn't know what Vboost was or when it kicked on but... well now I do, and I'm super glad I know how to react to things because i could have easily released the throttle and flew right off... 70mph on 2nd gear! LOL!

Share your stories of your experience with VBOOOOST

i have it on all the time. throttle response is ridiculous. probably lost a little at WOT, but the usable torque is incredible.

yea, it's quite incredible, never really knew what it was though till saturday, not too bright on my end to try to give it some more gas on a bent handlebar, but was worth it...

yea, it's quite incredible, never really knew what it was though till saturday, not too bright on my end to try to give it some more gas on a bent handlebar, but was worth it...
is the bent bar due to vboost and the reaction to holding on too tight :rofl_200::rofl_200:

not enough boost to hold it up hahah kidding sorry to hear that, happin to me and well dont like to remember that sound it made ahhhh sickning.

not that at all, someone cut infront of my dad when it was raining... he was going 3-5mph tops on a parking lot

:) yep, there's another post about oil burning (which has stopped)

First time I hit the boost I think I peed a little. :Shy:
You know what would be fun is to have a random boost switch that way you'de never know exactly when it'll come on, rrrrrrrrRRRRRRRR 5K...Surprise!!!!! WOOOOHOOO!!! pee...:rocket bike:

ya know what i thought would be cool, would be a throttle actuated vboost.

so basically 1/2 throttle to 7/8 throttle would correspond to closed vboost to fully open vboost respectively.

it would be a lot easier to engineer than vboost, for someone who had (to quote mike) "time money and talent"

can make it a mechanical thing hooked to the throttle that wouldnt be hard.

agreed. i'd love it. it'd kind of be a bitch to tune properly i'd imagine, but i gotta imagine you could mod up the throttle junction box to take over this role. or run some sort of cable from the throttle assembly on the carbs down to the butterfly setup for the vboost.

only problem would be if you 'felt' more resistance once u were also pulling the vboost assembly open past 1/2 throttle

how about like a quad push throttle but make it a squeeze like a decompression lever on 4 stroke dirt bikes on the left bar so you could input as much as you liked when ever you wanted. that way valve not opening with you twist drip. just pull with index finger left side, also keeps your hands on the bars.

not bad. or. how about making the left grip a throttle tube as well and have that linked up to vboost. haha now we're getting complicated.

ya there are left side twists for clutch cable instead of the clutch lever, gotta be coordinated for that. untwist let out clutch twist right side for gas , mmm so do you hold on tight or loose when grabbing the bars hahahah.

Latest posts

Back