feel the boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I hit the boost I think I peed a little. :Shy:
You know what would be fun is to have a random boost switch that way you'de never know exactly when it'll come on, rrrrrrrrRRRRRRRR 5K...Surprise!!!!! WOOOOHOOO!!! pee...:rocket bike:
So what you are saying is you refer to Vboost as PEEboost? :rofl_200::clapping:

VBoost is awesome! The first few rides on my Max I was still waiting on the boost to kick in, and never noticed it. After I realized how the system worked, I checked the cable and it hadn't been adjusted in years. It was only opening up a 1/4 of the way. Got that fixed and WOW, what a kick in the ass. That and the sound are my favorite, well, being a Vmax in general is my favorite.:eusa_dance:

I still wonder if my Vboost works ok. I don't really feel a difference at around 6000 rpm with it on or off. I've adjusted my cable, I've checked it visually and can see the valves open from 5750 onwards so I know it's working, but really the bike pulls just as strong around 6000 with or without it.

The only difference I can see is that with it off power fades from 6500 to 9500 rpm, whereas with it on it keeps getting stronger.

No kick in the ass though, the only real kick I got was when the bike was running poorly (on 2-3 cylinders) due to crap in the gas, and then picked up (all 4 again) around 5000+ :confused2:

I've ridden a couple of other people's Maxes and it was the same. :ummm: Maybe I'm just too blas? and spoilt by the kick in the arse I used to get from my big mono bikes - KLR650 and Pegaso 650.. I do like the way the Max flies though - gets way too fast so quickly, but I wish I could feel that kick and pee my pants too :rofl_200:

i 'felt' the vboost more when accelerating slowly, say 1/3 - 1/2 throttle at about 7k rpms. i never felt it before 7k rpms (when on stock settings)

Heres a before and after pic of my pee pee boost run.:rofl_200:

Attachments

• Picture 1006.jpg
    Picture 1006.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 1312.jpg
    Picture 1312.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 18
I have to kick in the V-Boost at least once a week just to experience the Space Time Bending Quantum Flux it creates...... you know.... takes me back to my youth ;op

Oh, and I have had to explain it to the uninformed plenty of times.

When I tell them that at 7500 rpms it suddenly tries to dislocate your shoulders, they don't believe it. Then, when they see it in action on the road, the next gas stop ensures that they will have that teary eyed look of a kid who just found out your toy is way cooler than his.

Back