Feeling lucky?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
This was on my police report from this morning...

Heading north on Hwy 24 mile marker 181 - 182 approaching head on traffic. Semi / flatbed trailer, lights were in my eyes for a split second. I was well in my lane, then while we passed one another I heard this loud noise. I drove for approx. 1/8 of a mile at the very most. I pulled over to inspect my vehical to see if there was any damage. I noticed my driver side mirror had been broken off of my truck. Also some dents to the drivers door too. Since it was dark and split second night blindness from the semis headlights. in my personal opinion there could be two things that could of caused this. One a tire from either the truck or the trailer was coming apart. Which I am unsure if that is true, because I drove back to the area and about 1 mile south of where it occured and had seen no tire fragments on the Hwy. Or Two the driver had part of his load shifting out towards oncoming traffic.

Needless to say I feel LUCKY or Blessed by my buddy from up above..:worthy:

DSCN1599.jpg

DSCN1600.jpg

Something very similar happened to a friend many years ago....it turned out that the split ring had popped off the rim and hit her car.

Maybe that is what happened to you? One thing for sure, it's a damn good thing that whatever broke the mirror didn't come thru the windshield instead!! :punk:

Full Moon tonight, I believe. Very Happy, You were able to write about this...

Full Moon tonight, I believe. Very Happy, You were able to write about this...

I feel blessed! I can say that I was still shook up about it hours later. I felt ok but my heart rate was still high. I also went to the autobody shop for an estimate... The guy told me that where the mirror mounts to the door is tweeked! The actual door is tweeked and has a slight twist in it. So the bid was $2,150.98 Now I will let the adjuster and him fight over it :rofl_200:

G

Back