Finally a Vmax owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerr8005

Reaction score
IMG_0374.jpegI’m normally a Harley rider but always wanted a Vmax. A couple weeks ago,in was lucky enough to purchase this ‘93. I’ve ordered tires, wheel bearings and brake rotors and pads. Since winter is coming up on us here in Kansas, I’ll have a few months to spiff her up before spring arrives.
Glad to find this site! There is lots of info.

View attachment 92027I’m normally a Harley rider but always wanted a Vmax. A couple weeks ago,in was lucky enough to purchase this ‘93. I’ve ordered tires, wheel bearings and brake rotors and pads. Since winter is coming up on us here in Kansas, I’ll have a few months to spiff her up before spring arrives.
Glad to find this site! There is lots of info.
Please don't turn the throttle on that thing like you can a Harley until you get used to it cause it's a whole different animal than any Harley you've ever riden. I don't say that as a dig on Harleys I own a street glide myself. Nice bike be safe.

Welcome to the VMax forum.

https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/new-vmax-owner-faqs-new-members-please-read.21240/
I suggest you read the service manual front to back. The first 64 pages are annual service updates. You have the first year of the 'better' engine control module. Yours also still uses the smaller front fork downtubes and triple trees. They went 3 mm bigger, w/bigger front discs in 1993.

The appendix at the back of the service manual, names all the nuts and bolts by location, their sizes, and importantly, their torque values. There are also diagrams for hose and cable routings, and much more, so take a look. A print-out of the pages and a 3 ring binder will help you in servicing and repairs.

https://dn790009.ca.archive.org/0/i...ice-manual/yamahavmaxvmx12-service-manual.pdf
1701014517954.png

Back